Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widescreen TV - Where to buy ?

• 02-12-2005 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking to buy a 28" - 32" widescreen for my parents for christmas and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with BUSH televisions ?

Not looking for an LCD as they are too expensive at the moment.

They have a 32" widescreen for €425
    http://www.topline.ie/winterspecial.asp?page=p4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

philips tvs tend to be cheaper cos they have a factory here .u may wanna go for 100mhz screen, powercity is they cheapest place to buy tvs in dublin anyway.make sure u get nicam stereo tv with 2 scarts and front av inputs for ps2 or video camera use,go 4 widescreen if u can afford it.hold onto receipt thats your gaurantee too.if ur happy with specs get the bush tv ,it depends on the specifications ,,screen should be flat as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I bought a 100hertz 28inch Philips tv from Powercity a few months ago for €400. I thought it was a great deal. Powercity are pretty decent to deal with ask for a discount and 9 times out of 10 you will get 10% off. And you will also deal with somebody who knows what they are talking about. If you want blank expressionless faces go to Curry's Dixons etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

go to powercity.ie,the 32inch tvs start at 350e for 50mhz tvs.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Avoid Bush, Goodmans, Black Diamonds (though the BD's should no longer be available), etc. Not the best things going, but then you get what you pay for.

Philips are known for dodgy CRT's and processors, though at the bottom end of things, they'd be miles better than the above brands.

I've found Samsung pretty reliable (excluding SlimFit models), and not too expensive.

Advertisement