Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Editor Project

Options
  • 02-12-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have to start working on a project to implement a fully functioning general purpose text editor.I was hoping for some general guidelines,What would be the best technology to develop it under I have good Java programing experience and pretty good C.Any hints would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Would be easier to do in java then in c. I did one in c last year wasn't too difficult but a pain to get into at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭fatlog

MFC's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tres bien

damnyanks wrote:
    Would be easier to do in java then in c. I did one in c last year wasn't too difficult but a pain to get into at first.

Thanks,how much functinality did your text editor have.any references you used would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

TBH, if you have a rather limited timeframe I'd say Java as you're already more familiar with the language; and there are lots of examples to review (From the barebones [which IIRC is a Java (Swing?) tutorial..or at least, a tutorial with JBuilder..sorry; it's been a while] to the more mature projects such as jEdit [approx. 7years old, and - GNU http://www.jedit.org/] )

You asked for references..so, I'm guessing.. college project?:)
    What sort of timeframe do you have?
    What functionality have you determined as necessary?
    Who is the intended user?

Advertisement