Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight outside the GPO

Options
  • 02-12-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

As the title says... I witnessed a quite amusing fight outside the GPO last night...

It involved drunken martial arts.... high kicks and falling over and all that...

A bit of sparring, no one really able to hit each other due to being blind drunk.

The charade finally came to an end when one of the fighters fell over and rendered himself unconcious.... 20 minutes later he was still "asleep".

The cops were called, and brought the now mumbling incoherant man home to sleep off about 7 million pints!

Happened about 14 hours ago and am still laughing.

Not due to the fact that the guy was unconcious, but that the two fighters were so drunk that they couldn't even manage to shout threats to each other.

oh mercy..... what fun!

(Am I going to hell?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

(Am I going to hell?)
    Yes a special kind of hell.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You can't beat a good ould hobo fight for entertainment.

I was with a group unable to get into Barcuba there a couple of months ago since it was coming up on closing time. Out of nowhere, two hobos start knocking the snot out of each other across the road and all the bouncers run to intervene. Furtively, 12 people gain entry into the bar and have a great night.

So the moral is, if you need a diversion, pay some winos to start a ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Robbo wrote:
    if you need a diversion, pay some winos to start a ruck.

Robbo my son!

Is the word "genius" used alot when people are describing you?

Because THAT is a damn fine idea!!!!

also handy if a row starts to get into the nightclub

Strangely enough... i think the row happened coming out of GPO... because by the time it was outside they were already fisty-cuffing.

Over a day later and am still wetting myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Robbo wrote:
    So the moral is, if you need a diversion, pay some winos to start a ruck.

Absolute genius. pity post of the month is gone :S

screw diversions!

Just pay em to fight anyway, film the whole thing

And... Viola! Galway's own "bumfights"(tm)

We'll be rich.... RICH I TELLS YA!!!! Mwhahahahaha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 prguru

Strangely enough... i think the row happened coming out of GPO...

ROW....IN GPO?!! NEVER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I recall getting in a taxi opposite the Rosin Dubh, and while waiting for the others, someone was violently thrown out of the strip joint, some old guy. He proceeded to get very angry with the bouncer, presumable for not being allowed to substitute rohypnol for euro notes under the thong.

He took his shirt off and demanded fisticuffs. It was gruesome, to say the least.

There was also a four foot lad bedecked in "bling" chains that got involved for no discernable reason. Perhaps this is what very short men do, I don't know.

either way, watching the bouncer kick the snot out of them was hilarious.

Sarky wrote:
    watching the bouncer kick the snot out of them was hilarious.

No night is complete without one of these!

Saw a guy trying to kiss a bouncer as I was coming out of the GPO last night... he was extremely drunk and was getting a bit aggro with one of the bouncers... I forsaw violence, but was pleasently surprised when the drunk man told the bouncer that he had had a rough night and was really sorry. He shook the bouncer's hand and then went to kiss him on the cheek!

Stopped before he could get half-way leaning in.... pretty amusing, to say the least!

• Advertisement

That was a good night. I loved the two American students whom I taught how to swear properly.

Was out in Ballina with a few friends from work last Saturday. We were standing outside a night club after it closed and some guy relieved himself all over my manager and a work collegue. It was quiet possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

RopeDrink wrote:
    Seen plenty of them before, and the whole 'alcohol makes me think I can fly and fight like a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star' is never dull :D
    more like crouching cider, hidden flagon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That was a good night. I loved the two American students whom I taught how to swear properly.

Was out in Ballina with a few friends from work last Saturday. We were standing outside a night club after it closed and some guy relieved himself all over my manager and a work collegue. It was quiet possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
    Nothing would surprise me outside Longnecks, it was truly the worst nightclub I have ever been in

Robbo wrote:
    Nothing would surprise me outside Longnecks, it was truly the worst nightclub I have ever been in

I have to agree with you on that. I can't go there sober due to the atrocious music and the fact that its always completly wedged with people. At least there will be a choice of nightclubs to go to after tonight.

more like crouching cider, hidden flagon

Well said mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well said mate!

Indeed. rofl!

Advertisement