Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME gouging on Xbox 360 games

Options
  • 02-12-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Charging €80 when the likes of Harvey Norman and charging €59.99 for the exact same games is just wrong. Sadly parents are the ones who will feel the sting the most as they're conned into paying those price before Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That's ridiculous, but they know people will buy them at that price so it's sound profiteering on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

thats rediculas, so rediculas that i have forgotten how to spell rediculas, now thats rediculas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I was 70 each for all of the 5 games I bought. But cdwow are only charging 54 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

WDK wrote:
    I was 70 each for all of the 5 games I bought. But cdwow are only charging 54 euro.
    5 games?.. lol, way to go captain big wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Lol.

I have been saving since I preordered back on August the 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

jesus

80 euro is utterly terrible, they deserve to go down for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

They're charging €50 for a wireless controller as well. Sounded a bit expensive to me. How much is the console itself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

load of bollox imo, just reading that pisses me off

nehow... it was me bro that bought it and not me so i can reap the benfits neway :D
    he bought CoD2 for it the clown. he has a 500 euro graphics card in his machine yet buys it for the bloody 360? i gave out to him for it.... that and the fact that i have it for the PC already if u know wat i mean :v: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Game always overcharge for their crappy scratched discs. I'm surprised anyone buys games from them when you can just go to smyths or even buy them cheaper on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Ordered Ridge Racer earlier

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=287&products_id=29658&

Works out at about 50 euros with free delivery. Its the US version but its region free and wont be out here for months.

Saw this posted on another site:
    "Things from MovieTyme do not get hit by customs, despite what that says. They ship from inside the UK, so there's absoloutely no possibility of it. E-mail their customer services and they'll confirm this."

So hopefully quick delivery and no customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

You need to e-mail the Irish Times about this. They have a section (in Friday's edition, I think) exposing rip-off spotted by readers. e-mail: lettersed(at)irish-times.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

You need to e-mail the Irish Times about this. They have a section (in Friday's edition, I think) exposing rip-off spotted by readers. e-mail: lettersed(at)irish-times.ie

must be a big section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,351 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ordered Ridge Racer earlier

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=287&products_id=29658&

Works out at about 50 euros with free delivery. Its the US version but its region free and wont be out here for months.
    you sure thats region free

and im also looking at this http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=287&products_id=29659&

is that game region free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

That game is not out yet as far as I know.

Theres a list of some xbox360 games that have been confirmed as region free: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=29356.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

harvey norman selling them for the same price as normal new games? weird.

most places are charging 74.99. 80 is stupid but i get discount so neah neah ne neah neah. ;) but i prefer discount off a lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

64.99 and 69.99 in PC World, i thought that was bad!! online is the way to go fir this....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

apparently xtravision are 64.99 too. ridiculous compared to games shocking prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

vote with your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

I was origninally planning on buying a 360 at launch. But when i saw those prices for games i almost had an aneurysm. Its ridiculous to charge 80 euro for COD/Quake 4 when theyre available on a pc for 60 euro tops. What makes them so special on 360 that they need that much of a price increase? One can only assume its because of the terible framerate on quake4 that they had to charge so much, so they can buy some diamond legwarmers to comfort themselves over thier shoddy conversion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Developers have to charge these prices. Their developement team sizes and costs have sky rocketed because of the amount of effort that has to be put into shoddy single core conversions from PS2 and PC. Basically when the greedy publishers started mouthing on about increasing dev costs and therefore increasing game prices for the next generation it has given themselves and thieving bastards like Game free regn in how much they over charge for a game. Every Xbox 360 game so far has had production values the same as the last generation and their is nothing to justify the plain silly prices that they want us to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Yeah I noted that the King Kong game is €80 in game for X-BOX 360 and only about €45 for PC, the game isnt even really a next gen game its also available on PS2.
    What a con, boycots are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Posted a topic about this in the Xbox forum earlier, didn't realise there was already one in here.

Had to rub my eyes a few times when I was in game earlier. 80 euro is daylight robbery. That's in or around double what a PC game costs (if you shop around). How can they justify that?

Shame on you Game!

Glad I decided to stick to my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lemlin wrote:
    They're charging €50 for a wireless controller as well. Sounded a bit expensive to me. How much is the console itself?
    i paid €35 for my wireless gamecube controller (wavebird) 2 years ago
    so who is the person who is screwing you GAME or microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

1huge1 wrote:
    i paid €35 for my wireless gamecube controller (wavebird) 2 years ago
    so who is the person who is screwing you GAME or microsoft
    Considering GAME have the Wavebird for €50, I'd say GAME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Developers have to charge these prices. Their developement team sizes and costs have sky rocketed because of the amount of effort that has to be put into shoddy single core conversions from PS2 and PC. Basically when the greedy publishers started mouthing on about increasing dev costs and therefore increasing game prices for the next generation it has given themselves and thieving bastards like Game free regn in how much they over charge for a game. Every Xbox 360 game so far has had production values the same as the last generation and their is nothing to justify the plain silly prices that they want us to pay.

well said, Game are taking the piss and are damaging the game industry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

All I can say is thank the lord for Play and CDWow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

I clicked that dreamhost link, cause you're worth it lex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Interesting... now I know why I made the switch to PC gaming after 20 years of loyal devotion to consoles - I just feel sooo vindicated :D

If I'm gonna follow the "gaming expenditure curve" as defined by 360 (and no doubt PS3) game prices, I'll now be able to afford to upgrade my rig twice as often :D - muppets! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

RotalicaV wrote:
    I clicked that dreamhost link, cause you're worth it lex.

Thanks man, but you actually have to buy a package for it to make a difference to my meager existance. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement