Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official 'I Got It' Thread

• 02-12-2005 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

When you got your 360 just say i got it ere. Any negativee positives about the consoles, Information etc too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

got this morning, at 9.30, in smyths M1 retail park, ALOT of people disappointed in the queue outside, i just got real lucky- premium, with cod2 and pefect dark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dave91

got this morning, at 9.30, in smyths M1 retail park, ALOT of people disappointed in the queue outside, i just got real lucky- premium, with cod2 and pefect dark :D

Then Why arent you on it???? :P

Any yes this is the Dave you know liam elo :)

I dunno if i shud spend some money and actually go out and get one of the new Xbox's.... They seem to expensive at the mo!!

Didnt your mam order one in America Liam or was that bullsh!t??? LOL!

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Your ma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Got ours a fortnight ago. :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

picked mine up at 9:30 from smyths in blanchardstown along with pgr3 , pdz lt , cod2 , extra wireless pad , plug and play kit and wireless network adaptor :D ( really wanted the adaptor ) .

• Advertisement

Nice keep em goin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ty my brother... he got his last nite when i was gettin pished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

got mine this mornin in game in blanch, premium with pd0 - cant tell much now, live and the new dash are pretty sweet - pd0 looks good but havent played in HD yet

the 360 is WAYYYYY tooo noisy - noiser than my first gen ps2 and xbox put together :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

got mine today (premium) in gamestop with perfert dark and condemend
    ALSO my 26" dell HD tv arrived :D all in the same day

...looking forward to the credit card bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Condemed looks great on my anicent 28" gameing tv hdtv seems a wast of money right now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Got one (Core), with Condemned and PDZ (getting PGR3 monday). PDZ seems cool so far, Condemned is hella freaky and looks brilliant (really gritty, realistic). Hooked up to projector and surround sound setup (marantz receiver, etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i got mine at 8:30 this morning in Gamestop in Donaghmede with PGR3 im well happy with it have it hooked up to live and my High Def projector
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Got my premium from game in cork yest morning, pretty cheeky that they would not let you leave with a console without buying games. Almost panicked because I overheard ppl saying that virgin only got 8 copies and I was counting the number of premium xboxes behind the counter and it was 1less than the people ahead of me in line!!!! However one of the guys ahead of me wanted to buy a premium without having a preorder, the girl pretty much laughed. At any rate they had the rest in the back so as I was going to the counter they brought out a load more so I was safe. Got caught for the 609 bundle which included madden, condemned and cod2. After what felt like an eternity in college i finally got home to start it up and was very impressed. Plugged it straight into my wireless router and was connect to xbox live in 10 mins. Glad I got the media remote too, thought I did not get one till i got home and saw the green sticker on the corner. Heavy fecker to carry around though.

P.S Anyone know how much points i will get for preordering the console and then getting the bundle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got a premium at 7PM on thursday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

got a premium at 7PM on thursday night.

Lets hope Power City burn for breaking the release date eh?

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Game in Dawson Street had one for every pre-order they got, there were about 40 pre-orders sold on launch night, and then about 20 more non-pre-order consisting of about 2-3 premiums and the rest being core systems.

They were also expecting a new delivery last friday (day of launch).

Bear in mind that not every pre-order person will have got it on the launch night and they probably had about 80+ machines (far more than the "12" going around in the other thread).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

smyths,( M1 retail park) only had 18 premiums, and 5 cores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

got one in bt2, friend of mine heard they were selling it rang em at nine and they held it till 12 for us!! decent package 575 with 2 games and an extra controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

got the premium pack and Perfect Dark Zero yesterday. hooked it up to my HD lcd. looks the business. It took 5 hours to download a NFS:Most Wanted demo yesterday! but it was worth it because xtravision dont have it in yet:mad:

btw i heard from a reliable source that Currys/Dixons are in big trouble with Microsoft for selling them on Thursday evening. Microsoft are threatening to stop all shipments to them in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Picked it up on Friday morning at 9.00 am in Smyths here in Cork, got an extra wireless pad, COD 2, Condemed and PGR 3, also my HD tv shipped yesterday. Can't wait to set it up in my room when it arrives :D

• Advertisement

Matt Simis wrote:
    Lets hope Power City burn for breaking the release date eh?

Matt

not until they break the ps3 release date for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got my one this evening with Kameo and Perfect Dark.

Perfect Dark crashes on the intro sequence every time... and Kameo is really REALLY jerky on it's intro sequence... but at least it plays okay...

I have a HD TV... but I need to find a VGA cable for the Xbox, and then an adapter for that to make it fit into the DVi on my TV... they should have made this easier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

not until they break the ps3 release date for me

Man, I reckon you ARE Sony, you love them so much! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ffocused wrote:
    got the premium pack and Perfect Dark Zero yesterday. hooked it up to my HD lcd. looks the business. It took 5 hours to download a NFS:Most Wanted demo yesterday! but it was worth it because xtravision dont have it in yet:mad:

btw i heard from a reliable source that Currys/Dixons are in big trouble with Microsoft for selling them on Thursday evening. Microsoft are threatening to stop all shipments to them in Ireland.

MS would do no such thing, people seem to have been getting them unofficially for the last two weeks. Tho even the MS store at microsoft waited till the 2nd to start selling games and stuff (had one to play in the lobby for the past month or so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I have a HD TV... but I need to find a VGA cable for the Xbox, and then an adapter for that to make it fit into the DVi on my TV... they should have made this easier...

i got a vga cable in gamestop in liffey street, they might still have them. i also got a vga-dvi converter in maplin in blanch(try the 1 on jervis street). it runs the hd on my tv well.

astrofool wrote:
    MS would do no such thing, people seem to have been getting them unofficially for the last two weeks. Tho even the MS store at microsoft waited till the 2nd to start selling games and stuff (had one to play in the lobby for the past month or so)

MS can be very tough on things like this, I don't think they'd like to hear about stores breaking the street dates. Getting something unofficially through a mate is one thing, but a store officially breaking release date is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i got mine home with a sore arm from carrying the fúcker on friday evening after work(premium). opened it straight away. amazing pack really, headset is great, remote is great, wireless pad is beautiful and so comfortable. the one thing i love is having the ability to turn the thing off without getting up. lol

its a very loud fecker when runnin the games sounds like its gonna take off or somethin.

was pretty annoyed when pd0 crashed but it didnt do it again. multiplayer is great and im finding myself to be quite good at it.

i think the xbox live is amazing. just so much to mess around on. free demos are cool too. played madden demo last night. not too shabby.

i will probably pick up quake IV and project gotham before christmas or maybe just one of them. hopefully game brings their crap prices down so i can get em even cheaper. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Sold my premium pack with an extra controller and 2 games for €900 today!! ****in delighted ill wait till after crimbo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the one thing i love is having the ability to turn the thing off without getting up. lol

you can turn it on & off with the wireless pad. I think its the "x" button in the middle brings up the menu.;)

• Advertisement

Laguna wrote:
    Man, I reckon you ARE Sony, you love them so much! lol

i'm thinking of changing my name to kev kutaragi :D

its Ken lol

Need to pick up another wireless controller in cork tomorrow, saw that gamestop have aload of them but everywhere else is sold out. Wondering if anyone could help me with these questions.
    Does the advanced SCART cable improve things for those without HDTV?
    What is the difference between the play and charge kit and just the rechargable battery?

liamskater wrote:
    its Ken lol

yes but my name isn't ken... :D

What is the difference between the play and charge kit and just the rechargable battery?

The rechargeable battery is just that... a battery. You have no means of charging the battery. The Play and charge kit is a battery + cable. The cable plugs into the top of the wireless controller and charges the battery for you. It also means that if the battery runs low, you can plug in the cable and keep playing. The battery pack is just for extra batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Where does the other end of the charging cable go? And the wired controllers for that matter... Are they USB?

• Advertisement

The other end goes in one of the USB connections. The wired controllers are USB.

koneko wrote:
    The rechargeable battery is just that... a battery. You have no means of charging the battery. The Play and charge kit is a battery + cable. The cable plugs into the top of the wireless controller and charges the battery for you. It also means that if the battery runs low, you can plug in the cable and keep playing. The battery pack is just for extra batteries.

Thanks, so with two controllers all you really need is one play and charge and another battery.

Also, the 75euro in vouchers you were supposed to get with the bundles in game. Did they forget to give those to me or will they post them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

i got it in early november, my uncle works in a major microsoft place in america, got everything needed for €100, then i got 5 games, i might be selling 2 more as i got three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

I GOT IT! 'Twas a sunday morning, and the weather in dunshaughlin was sh*t as usual. pretty sure i got the last one in blanchardstown centre, called just about every shop in there, called smyths toys, said they had 4 left, got in the queue behind 3 people, all of us left with 360s!:) :rolleyes: :D :cool:
    got call of duty 2 with it, kicks ass, i wuv my xbox 360

Advertisement