Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Journal

• 02-12-2005 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Ok, in preparation for my exams I was going to download some of the recommmended reading.

So I follow the links from blackboard which brings me to the Science Direct website which requests a login and password. This will cost me €30

So I decide Ill look through the library link from the ucd website, when I finally find the journal I want, I get directed to ScienceDirect and the same crap.

Surely, surely, there is a free way to access this material. I mean, its a student library resource.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Can anyone reccommend an alternative database?
    Was I just being naiave?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Sorry before I forget, yes I have the relevent athens cookie and havev tried the UCD connect method. This should work for me, ScienceDirect is on the UCD database list

[edit]Id delete the thread if I could. Problem solved, works fine in IE, must be firefox privicy settings or cooki management.

Advertisement