Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting a pre pay sim card in Florida

• 02-12-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Im going to Florida soon and would like to take my 'cell phone'. I would like to get a cheap prepay sim card for staying in touch with the people im going with. Will I find something like the el cheapo sim cards we have here over there? What do yous recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular are the only GSM providers, is your phone triband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I was in Florida the year before last and i remember seeing sign in Wall mart to the effect that they did not sell RTG sims to "UK customers" i presumed it was something to with ID that had to be shown , does RTG exist as we know it here.Maybe previous poster could answer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yes, T-Mobile pre-paid is available, thats what i use. Also AT&T who are called Cingular Wireless now have a pre-paid plan, they are the only GSM networks. The others are different altogether, called CDMA networks, i dont think they require simcards and the info is programmed in. Correct me if im wrong here. Most of the time with those you cant just get the pre paid card, you have to buy the phone with it. The answer to the question is yes, prepaid sims exist, just like ready to go. You shouldnt have any problem really i dont think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks Ruu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement