Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car...

Options
  • 02-12-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭

I know there's strong views for and against alfas on this board with most of the alfa owners saying they're great and most of the toyota and vw owners saying they're s#1t. Well I'm about to find out first hand. I'm just after buying a 00 156 1.8. It's got 75k on the clock but is driving perfectly, just one owner so it must have been pretty reliable and the timing belt and variator have just been changed so no worries there and theres a 6 month warrenty for a little bit of extra peace of mind.

I think I've just got a whole lot of car for €4500.

Pics when I get a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

alias no.9 wrote:
    Excellent - best of luck and enjoy it.

Did you check the wishbone bushes too? If there's a rattle in a corner from the front suspension, these might need to be replaced. €400 should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

alias no.9 wrote:
    I think I've just got a whole lot of car for €4500

A '00 156 1.8 with warranty for €4.5k? :eek:

You = winner :D

Best of luck with your new motor

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

alias no.9 wrote:
    I know there's strong views for and against alfas on this board with most of the alfa owners saying they're great and most of the toyota and vw owners saying they're s#1t. Well I'm about to find out first hand. I'm just after buying a 00 156 1.8. It's got 75k on the clock but is driving perfectly, just one owner so it must have been pretty reliable and the timing belt and variator have just been changed so no worries there and theres a 6 month warrenty for a little bit of extra peace of mind.

Pics when I get a chance.

Sounds like a good deal. Best of luck (from a Toyota owner) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Very good deal for the money. best'a'luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Sounds like a bargain.
    However, just from memory, the problems I seem to recall are niggly electronic/EFI (BMW in that club also) and something about the Variable Valve adjuster solenoids and controls.

Anyway, happy miles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Dealers are struggling to sell them hence the good deal, I've seen a few down my way for sale for that money and warranty. I'm still looking for an engine for the one I towed recently by the way if anyone knows of one. Good luck with your one alias no. 9, from a BMW owner(with no car problems).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

where did you buy for that price ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No knocks from the suspension. The dealer had reduced it from €5495 to €4995 but my offer of €4500 cash in a straight deal was hard to resist on a friday evening, especially with christmas just a few weeks away :).

Advertisement