Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renting car with <2yr License

Options
  • 02-12-2005 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Dublin that will rent a car to someone with <2year unendorsed full driving licence (29yo)

Cheers
    -Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

i think you'll find it hard to come by a company that wont rent you a car. i'm 26 and have one year full license and have never had a problem renting a car

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Jaysus any names (pm me privately if you want)...

I have only checked places on-line and they all say 2year+ only

Cheers
    -Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh most places insist you have your licence at least 2 years (well the big companies anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

last time i checked avis only required one year, remember seeing a few places that needed two years but only if you were under 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

aloleary wrote:
    Jaysus any names (pm me privately if you want)...

I have only checked places on-line and they all say 2year+ only

Cheers
    -Alan

avis and hertz in dublin airport are the two i've dealt with. like a previous poster mentioned, they normally only ask for you to be in posession of your licence for two years if you are under 25 years of age (i know hertz in america wont rent to under 25's, full stop) however, having said all that, they may have changed their policy recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement