Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDZ Crashing

• 02-12-2005 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hey all my games work perfectly except for perfect dark zero... on the 1st mission, about 5 - 10 mins into gameplay it freezes and crashes... it has done this every time i play the game.... always at level one...

is anyone else having problems?

like i can play gothar and call of duty for hours on end with not even a hint of a crash.... tis a pain in the arse... think i'll swap it for a different copy in gamestop 2mro....

gamertag: danbhala360

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Nah we didn't have that problem with our copy of PDZ (while we could still play it before the joypad died), I'd say it's just a dodgy copy, exchange it and let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

right.. just got a new copy there from gamestop.... fingers crossed it was the cd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

let us know anyways :)

just completed the 1st level so im sure its somet about the disc! phew!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

wat do u think of perfert dark? i really wasnt expecting much from reviews and the like but tbh i quite like it :D (single player)

• Advertisement

seems good so far... but im gonna complete call of duty before i go fully at it... dont wanna be distracted!!! heard the reviews were not the best but, it seemed alot of ppl just didnt like the colours of the menus and ****... doesnt bother me really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hmm, my immediate opinion of PDZ is that it's quite restrictive in comparison to FPS like HL2. The gameplay seems to be identical to the original PD, almost to the point where I feel it's the same game with next gen visuals, still, it has it's charm and I wasn't expecting it to be a HL2/Halo beater anyway, I'm just disappointed Ridge Racer didn't make the launch in the EU.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

US ridge racer for 50 euros with free delivery:
    http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=287&products_id=29658&

Its been confirmed as region free and wont be out here till feb.

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=29356

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My copy of Perfect Dark doesn't even get past the intro sequence... booo!

I don't know why Microsoft bother with fancy holigrams to identify their products... if it crashes then you know it's certified Microsoft for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

mine crashed just when you get outside on the first level but it went fine after that. its the system though not the game. also try and keep your poweer unit elevated so air can get at all side because it can heat up pretty bad and cause crashing apparently.

• Advertisement

its wierd tho like...... it was only may old copd that was wierd..... i even put the power unit on the window ledge to see if it made a diff..... the new copy is perfect.... the old copy was very dodge.. so what else could you explain it???? IMO it had to be the disc or a prob with my console with the disc. anyhoo... its fine now so im happy!!!!

lets play call of duty.....add me add me!!!

feic im drunk...

Advertisement