Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning

Options
  • 02-12-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Am i banned from After Hours and if i am, i feel that it is deeply unfair because, mobile infantry was just as bad, posting ignorant posts that i could not just sit by and watch without posting back.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was just waiting for this thread to happen.

My post wasn't as much ignorant as it was satricial.

Your post on the other hand...and by the way...nice addition to the other thread on Clamping....just noticed it....are the pinnacle of maturity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

can i not argue that my post was 'satirical'? plus what has happened to being able to choose someone and start a fight with them?

You can try I guess....:D

and what happened to my PM telling me my ban length and the bastard that banned me? Where's the respect gone on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, i wouldn't worry about the length anymore

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    i won't ask, but my record of posts is impeccable.

ratboy wrote:
    i won't ask, but my record of posts is impeccable.

Tbh, the only posts of yours I've seen have been pure unadulterated yak bile...admittedly I've only seen a few so there might be the odd gem amongst the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

ratboy wrote:
    can i not argue that my post was 'satirical'? plus what has happened to being able to choose someone and start a fight with them?

You could, but it wouldn't do you much good. I'm the bastard who banned you, and why the hell would I send someone I banned a PM? You can assume your ban length is until I bother my arse.

It's actually really funny reading your last posts. Some of them are actually fine but loads of them leave me wondering how an earth you escaped a banning until now

RuggieBear wrote:
    Tbh, the only posts of yours I've seen have been pure unadulterated yak bile...admittedly I've only seen a few so there might be the odd gem amongst the others.
    Tbh, my serious posts are beutifully crafted manuscripts of art and the members of Boards are gonna miss my careful, insightful musings on the After Hours forum. Bring me back, mods, for the children.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    You could, but it wouldn't do you much good. I'm the bastard who banned you, and why the hell would I send someone I banned a PM? You can assume your ban length is until I bother my arse.
    I'm no stranger to the being banned, and so far i've always had moderators kindly inform me of my ban rather than dropping a bombshell like that, which could easily have given me a heart attack, could you have lived with that on your conscience.

Who are you again?

Giblet wrote:
    Who are you again?
    Don't plead ignorance with me. You know what you've done, you can't eradicate your sins, or can you? REMOVE MY BAN.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ratboy wrote:
    Don't plead ignorance with me. You know what you've done, you can't eradicate your sins, or can you? REMOVE MY BAN.
    He means you're a nobody.

[Edit: I forgot to include a wacky/zany smiley, so here it is emot-ssj.gif

Sorry, I've just banned so many people today I forget easily. Do continue though, I'm sure you're at least amusing yourself.

ratboy wrote:
    protest.gif

You live near the old cinema Ratboy or are you another Greystones blow in?

RuggieBear wrote:
    protest.gif

You live near the old cinema Ratboy or are you another Greystones blow in?
    Near enough. Lived here all my life. Stopped going to that cinema though i still love it. Too many knackers who know you and decide to shout your name throughout the whole film, i love the fact there could be a dead body in the room underneath you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

RuggieBear wrote:
    Thats not what all the girls say

Ban length counts, not sure about the width of it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Would you believe i was walking past there, after school, the day they were filming that at the cinema.....ahhh, memory lane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Its like one of those chinese puzzles/tortures,the more you keep fighting the more harder it is to be free.

• Advertisement

Not really, It's like murdering someone, calling everyone who is shocked an asshole, and being shocked that you got inprisoned for it and then trying to justify it.

No, really it is! :v:

Giblet wrote:
    Not really, It's like murdering someone, calling everyone who is shocked an asshole, and being shocked that you got inprisoned for it and then trying to justify it.

No, really it is! :v:
    Nice metaphor, and by the way, where did you get your hair done?

Nature is my Conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ratboy wrote:
    Nice metaphor, and by the way, where did you get your hair done?

206 posts and youre already boring.
    well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gib your sig hurts my head.

206 posts and youre already boring.
    well done.
    13,505 posts and you still haven't managed to convince anyone you're not a prick.

ratboy wrote:
    13,505 posts and you still haven't managed to convince anyone you're not a prick.

Is he trying?

Gib your sig hurts my head.

Be happy in the knowledge that good things are coming to boards.ie this christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

but my record of posts is impeccable.

I'm surprised you've lasted this long without a site ban, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Giblet wrote:

Um, actually, it's pretty common practice on most(if not almost all) forums if they are given an offense less than a full out ban(some forums refuse to do this, and it's STILL disrespectful but I can't claim it isn't done), to send someone a PM or some form of note so they actually know what they did wrong.

Otherwise you're just being a dick, and you've no right to either complain or laugh at someone struggling if they end up posting something like this just to know what the hell happened.

Just because someone did something silly on an internet board doesn't mean you should show no regard for them as a human being.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement