Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung S500i - Ringtone issue!

• 03-12-2005 1:07am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a new Samsung S500i this morning, however, it won't let me use mp3 files as ringtones. After much research, it seems that it will only use AAC files.

Is there any program that converts mp3's to AAC's?

Tried using the software that comes with the phone but it just freezes and won't send to the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I had the same problem with mine. I have itunes and that will convert mp3s to AAC if you select AAC from the import format menu.
    what i do is make the ringtone with the samsung software in mp3 format, then import the ringtone to itunes with the AAC encoder. seems long winded at first, but i find it easier then making mp3 ringtones for Nokias. The samsung sound editor makes it very easy.

Advertisement