Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cynical of girls??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

womoma, please do go into it

god my head hurts..
    just one of those weird nights last night when you leave the pub thinking what hard work women can be.
    Myself and my best friend went to a well known northside nightspot and there were lots of groups of girls and pretty much no guys.. to cut a long story short some of the girls were down right rude.

I was also quite miffed that the trendy girl in the hood and runners [I usually go for this type over the skirt and heels] was completely charmless and void of intelligence.

Then the chavvy girls, which my mate and I had initially turned up our noses at [because we're conceited little ****s after a few pints], turned out to be really nice and friendly and great craic and we all ended up singing along to "Fairytale of New York"

Anyway, the class thing- thats a whole other thread! My point is .. ehh I dunno.. Maybe Im cynical because almost everyone is cynical. God Im so hung over.

Oh yeah - sombody mentioned the internet dating thing.
    Its not the kind of thing I think anyone would be wise to rush into, but yeah, I suspect people can probably meet like-minded people online and then have attraction in the flesh, but Im sure there are plenty of horror stories too.

Imagine though in the pub, you walk in, three of your mates are there and your female friend who you once kissed, "Hey everyone, this is Lucinda, we met on the internet" ... nah it doesnt work for me.. My family wouldnt be into it either.. Theyd kinda slag me off a bit too..

Right.. this thread has gone way OT! But yeah I feel the love. gimme a hug.

Just remembered - my x girlfriend is getting married today. Feck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

embee wrote:
    I met my boyfriend in a nightclub in September 2002, and we're still together. I was a little drunk, I got talking to him, we kissed etc. I thought he was cute, and we swapped numbers, met up etc and it developed from there. I think that women these days are a lot more aggressive when it comes to meeting men, and you see that in nightclubs where women are drinking heavily, dressed provocatively etc., but when I met my boyfriend, it was a situation where I was out for a night with a load of my mates, letting my hair down and having a good time. I certainly wasn't looking for a boyfriend. This more aggressive stance that some women take where they almost "hunt" for a man in a nightclub is the difference, I think. It makes a woman seem unapproachable when she is clearly out manhunting. Obviously, had I not been out that night, I would never have met him but I wasn't hunting for a man, not for that night or as potential boyfriend material, so possibly the fact that I was behaving in a genuine fashion is what attracted him to me in the first place. I dunno, you'd have to ask him but I think these tactics of acting aggressively (or like a man, so to speak) are counter-productive.

I agree totally with Embee. Met my guy the exact same way so I don't think you can blame night clubs for the situation!!

Think people need to stop stressing and just enjoy themselves while out, not constantly psyching themselves up and behaving aggressively in order to find someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's funny cos I was just gonna make a post like this about guys. I'm 20 and I'm sick and tired of not having a boyfriend and no guys asking me out. It honestly seems like you have to be a slut nowadays to get any action. I consider myself classy, with morals, .............etc......

Izzy... don't falll into that slut trap. You'll thank yourself for it in years to come. Decent blokes aren't interested in those types of "women". If you don't want a decent bloke, then go act indecently. And for cryin' out loud, you're 20. You were a teenager 1 year ago. That means you're young. Do not go hunting... love just happens or it doesn't. If you force it, you'll probably make a ba11s of it. I'm 28M, had a g/f once... between one thing and another, didn't work out. Fair enough... but I didn't go out on the prowl soon after! Just keep an open mind... but don't act like the rest of the sluts (male and female) that you're on about. There's still a small gang of you out there who have the same morals as their mother's generation had... believe me, you're an infinitely more decent gang than the other slappers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

simu wrote:
    Ask not what women can do for you but what you can do for women. If you were as classy as you all seem to think you are, you would have no problem attracting classy women.
    Agreed so long as it's a two-way street and appreciated. Neither one should be there just to serve the others needs. Giving is it's own reward, and the ideal is where each is the others no.1 supporter in life, classy as you say, and not a parasite or the enemy within.

We've all seen relationships descend into a war of attrition where care, share, and fair were far from the norm. Communication can solve a lot of issues, but ultimately if the other is consistently not doing their bit or you're simply not a good match, then part ways. Better to be single and available for the right person out there than wasting your days in a destructive or unfulfilling relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 [someguy]

Heyes wrote:
    I gotta agree, most lads that are out are only really looking for one thing, rather than something more than a one nighter... :rolleyes:

Who says that getting jiggy on the first night you meet someone can't lead to something more.

And besides, with all this talk of women's attitude becoming more like men's, why don't the stragglers here realise that it can be a spontaneous, MUTUALLY enjoyable thing, not something that's only acceptable later on in a relationship.

Try thinking and acting for yourselves, not how you think society deems you should (within the limits of the law of course :D )

This thread is gettin a bit OT and perhaps a bit OTT!
    ..why don't the stragglers here realise that it can be a spontaneous, MUTUALLY enjoyable thing....Try thinking and acting for yourselves, not how you think society deems you should

I think everyone here can think and act for themselves.
    Im sure also that the "stragglers here" do "realise" that "it can be a spontaneous, MUTUALLY enjoyable thing" Nobody said otherwise. People are expressing their opinions, not self righteously blasting the opinions of others.

Your sentiments that theres nothing wrong with responsible adults having sex on the first night are probably shared by most. Its not exactly a radical idea either in fairness.

Sorry [someguy] but I find the tone in your post pretty patronising and insulting to peoples intelligence.
    __

This thread has somehow gone quite pair-shaped anyway. I think we should wrap it up soon tho before it becomes some off-topic tit for tat nonsese.

Thanks everyone, both male and female, who posted objective and interesting posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Its funny when I read this, and it sparked something to me of late..
    Not trying to personal, (here just an example).

There was a girl I liked in college recently, I chatted her up and we got on straight away and the good thing is shes good looking, she seemed interested. Then as I got to know her she is acts like a slapper/attention grabber, even loud and aggressive, if I slagged her she would start punching and basically freaking out, I figured I was annoying, but then again it became intentional
    now I don't like her, Quite the opposite, Loud slutty women is a real turn off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 [someguy]

womoma wrote:
    Your sentiments that theres nothing wrong with responsible adults having sex on the first night are probably shared by most. Its not exactly a radical idea either in fairness.

Hence the use of the word stragglers....it meant those who have yet to realise it.
    womoma wrote:
    not self righteously blasting the opinions of others......./.....I find the tone in your post pretty patronising and insulting to peoples intelligence.
    :rolleyes:

And if i insulted your intellegence, i'm "sorry".
    Wait a sec, did i use those inverted commas wrong???

[someguy] wrote:
    blah blah blah blabla blaaahhhh

whatever:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement