Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Colour on TV?

Options
  • 03-12-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

First of all it isn't mould ;)

I have a 6-7year old TV in my room. Its a Grundig, about 26"-28" I think. Nice TV, does the job.

The two days the left hand side of the TV turns a light shade of green. Covers about 1-2 inches of the screen.

Is my TV on the way out?

Maybe its time to upgrade :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

is there any speakers near it or any magnetic sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya there is, I put my subwoofer beside it a day or two ago.....
    Hmmmmm......

:o

thanks sparky

But I still think an upgrade is needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

This generally happens when one of the cathode ray tubes fails, in this case it's probably the magenta one. Cost of repair would probably be substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That's suprising... The Subwoofer should be screened, shouldn't have much effect unless it's sitting on the monitor... Oh well if it's fixed it all 's good. If it doesn't fix it, the tube might be on the way out.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

it was probably a cheap plastic subwoofer, my sis got one that looks like the ps2 and it affected the tv, made it a pinky/green colour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement