Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie on the radio again

Options
  • 03-12-2005 10:18am

This morning on The business on radio one during a discussion on broadband availability.

The programme is available for download on that site but at present the latest one up is last weeks.I'm not sure when they update it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I heard the end of that feature (some sort of BB survey).

The Business is a lame response to Today Fms Sunday Business Show but all publicity is good publicity.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

wooohooo \o/ boards is teh winner.

It's up on that link now from about 20mins onwards.
    Usual laymans description of what broadband is and how to get it.
    Like many of these 10 minute items, they leave out some information, like forgetting that with IBB/cable you dont need a phone line and therefore saying some of the other products that depend on you having a phone line are cheaper is wrong
    Boards mentioned a few times as the place to go to research the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

boards.ie is entertaining, well i can see us getting some hits soon.

They also failed to mention Digiweb metro for wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

anyone got the exact link. clicked on the "latest show" link and all i hear is some biddy talking about selling €500 suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Is this the Chamers of Commerce in Ireland survey where they don't blame eircom for the fact that 30% of their members couldn't get broadband after trying to upgrade? Nothing to do with eircom helping them write the survey. Heard them on TodayFM last week blaming failed line tests on the Govt. Glad boards.ie got mentioned though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

anyone got the exact link. clicked on the "latest show" link and all i hear is some biddy talking about selling €500 suits.
    me too. :(

DeV.

http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/rte-thebusiness.smil

Thats the exact link they have on their web page(titled listen to the latest show) and for me it gives saturdays programme.

The bit on broadband is from 20:50 exactly and is in the last 10 minutes of the 30 minute programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ah that worked thanks earthman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've added an MP3 of the audio snippet on my blog.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

soooo...is boards selling stock yet because Id like to buy a few hundred share before you explode and the whole world knows about this place hehehe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement