Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

George Best Funeral

Options
  • 03-12-2005 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the make of hearse and limmos at George Best funeral? Not the usual merc/rolls/bently etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Jesus! Theres a time and a place and you only have one of them right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Good point. They look like Mercs to me, but the BBC video is very pixelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I also didn't recognise the cars. They definitely weren't Mercs, Rolls Royces, Bentleys etc. I would say they were some American make, possibly Lincoln.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The're Lincoln hearse's and limo's. When Ford stopped making the Scorpio they brought in the Lincoln to fill the gap in the market. They are quite popular up in Nothern Ireland and in the U.K. I'd say it would take a while to swing the Irish undertaker's into buying them as most of them seem to think that Mercedes-Benz are the ultimate status symbol...God help us.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Don't be such a prude - the dip**** killed himself conciously and slowly over the years - it's all his own fault, and the only person I feel sorry for is the poor sucker who COULD have gotten that perfectly good liver instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Looked like Lincoln Towncars to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Don't be such a prude - the dip**** killed himself conciously and slowly over the years - it's all his own fault, and the only person I feel sorry for is the poor sucker who COULD have gotten that perfectly good liver instead...

and what has that got to do with motors forum?

Unless you can put petrol in that liver you are in the wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Didn't see it but have seen some hearses based on the australian made ford falcon on news footage of norn iron funerals in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Litcagral wrote:
    Anyone know the make of hearse and limmos at George Best funeral? Not the usual merc/rolls/bently etc.

Its a Coleman Milne Cardinal hearse and Dorchester/Grovenor saloon. If you look carefully at the grille you will see a small emblem, thats the CM logo.

Imported from Ford Australia, based on the top of the range Fairmont/Falcon/LTD.
    Converted into mega large hearses by Coleman Milne in Lancashire i think?
    I have the brochures from 03. They even feature a coffin in the rear but dont know if the driver is smiling or not???
    They have a website and these cars took over from the scorpio when Ford dropped it in 98.

TopGear did a fly on the wall about the company and its rivals Quest as they
    are built in the same town, i think its Bolton in the mid 90s,
    It showed them slicing new scorpios and omegas and fitting gigantic fibreglass hatchback like bodies on them, the windscreens are huge.
    If the hearse has four doors, the extra seating is for palbearers.
    To be honest I dont know if any of these have been used here in the Republic
    but I presume there are a few in the North.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Thanks for that interesting info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

There by the grace of God :rolleyes:

Advertisement