Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound from tv to stereo?

Options
  • 03-12-2005 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'd like to know what way i can get the sound from the tv coming trough the speakers from my stereo?
    The stereo has a AUX and digital input, dvd player can use digital i think from its output.
    But how do you seperate picture from sound so the tv get picture and stereo the sound?

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Does your stero have a "video/DVD" function? That's what I use and then turn the volume on TV fully down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

No just has 2 unused inputs, optical (labeled CD) and analogue (Labeled AUX)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think u can get scart cable from peats with outputs to go to stereo from tv. ,or cable from the other connectors on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

You can just get a 3.5mm jack plug to 3.5mm jack plug lead and connect the headphone socket on your tv to the AUX input on your stereo, all the sound from your tv will go through the stereo. Pic here

If you just want your dvds to play through the stereo then that'll depend on what outputs your dvd player has, whether it has RCA and/or digital out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

This depends on the source of your TV signal.

If you're watching terrestrial TV using an aerial (or analog cable) then your TV will need to have sound output to allow you connect it to a stereo.

If you're watching TV from digital (say sky or NTL) then the box will have separate sound outputs to connect to your stereo (or if it only has SCART you can buy an adaptor to feed the sound from the SCART socket).

If you're playing DVDs then all you need to do is connect the optical out from your player to your stereo or connect the stereo sound output to your stereo. the connection to the TV remains as it is.

• Advertisement

Yeah we just have an earial here.
    Just checked the tv, no sound out put from phone connectors just headphones.
    The dvd player should be a problem to connect tbh, it was more the normal tv i wasnt sure of.
    There isnt some sort of device that spits sound from picture before it gets to the tv?

I'll sugest the headphone socket to stereo to my parents and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can get a scart connector that will output from the back of the TV, and then wire it to the stero. Like This http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/scadap.jpg

Switch the switch to output and wire the Red and white connetions to the Stero Aux feed using this: http://www.djdeals.co.uk/prod-images/RCA-RCA%20Stereo%20main%20image.gif (in that case the black is white)

The Lead is called an RCA to RCA lead.

John

My method will allow you to have the Tv speakers still in use. Wiring the Headphone jack will cause hmmm to occur on the connectio (Power is sent on the lead)

John

Got plenty of phone leads here from my stereo so thats not a problem.

The scart connector looks like what i need, will have a look in peats and maplins during the week.

Thanks,
    Jozi

I assume you mean phono leads ;) You'll be able to pick that scart connector up in any tv/electrical shop... make sure you don't pay too much for it, and if they offer you a "Gold Plated" one.... tell them to nob off.

John

• Advertisement

Yeah Phono
    Gold plated make no diference at all then. Suppose the sound is only as good as the weakest link....

Just thinking there, with the scart thing that Lump sugested how does it work?
    Cause if i connect the earial cable to it how is the tv going to scan for channels? Isnt scart its own channel?
    Only way i can see it work is to use the video recorder and connect the earial to it along with the scart thing into the tv

I assumed you had either two Scart connections on your TV, or were getting the reception through the RF feed. The audio/picture displayed on the TV will auto-matically be outputted on the Scart connection. Assuming you turn the switch to out on the scart connector.

John

Advertisement