Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah! I can't decide!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The Giga Pack is out. Its 370 in HMV for the Giga Pack + GTA and Midnight Club or some such game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

PSP persuasion

Viewtiful Joe
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Mega Man x8
    and Mega Man powered
    BurnOut 3
    Lumines
    Guilty gear XX RELOAD
    Pro Evo Soccer 5
    Gran Turismo [future]

althoguh my psp is under the bed right now

DS persuasion
    The new Super Mario brothers ¬!!!!!!!!!!`[all you need !]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lumines may be good but Meteos is the new crack.

The Giga pack isn't really as good value here. I managed to sneakily get 2 1 gig memory cards. Mwahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

If you're getting a PSP, make sure to get RidgeRacer to really show off the capabilities of the machine.

While Lumines is an astounding game, it's not the one that'd initially win your friends over. Get it for yourself, master it, and don't let anybody else find out how good it is! :shifty-eyedsmiley:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Depends what you want really, but if it's RPG's you do have the entire GBA back catalogue for the DS. Considering that all the pre-playstation Final Fantasy's will be available by the end of next year on ds or gba it has a pretty good selection of them.

/me can't wait until Final Fantasy 4 is released next monday :)

Also as Retro mentioned there are good rpg titles such as Golden Sun, Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga, Fire Emblem, Zelda: Minish Cap etc available for GBA.

For me the ds has the better games at the moment, unless you really want pro evo and gta.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

qz wrote:
    If you're getting a PSP, make sure to get RidgeRacer to really show off the capabilities of the machine.

Wipeout Pure is prettier and a far better game.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Wipeout Pure is prettier and a far better game.

I have that too, and I love it to pieces (got my 151st gold last night), but I'd say that RidgeRacer is the better game, "graphically" speaking.

i think we have all forgoten about My My Katamari [psp]
    and pop loco crisis or something .

GTA also.

all = psp

Placebo wrote:
    i think we have all forgoten about My My Katamari [psp]
    and pop loco crisis or something .

GTA also.

all = psp

"Popolocrois" I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

currently torn over the same choices.

psp or DS

i'm a huge sonic fan, so ds is tempting for sonic rush.

but psp could emulate the classic sonic games which will play great in handheld form.

But something i have been hearing alot of in the stores is the dangers of the emulating software? I'm not one for hype, but my housemate works in a gamestore and they have had alot of problems with customers f*cking up their psp's attempting to get emulation software for it.

(Dear Sega, solve all my problems, release all the classic sonic games on DS instead of PS2. thank you.)

• Advertisement

no emulators wont mess up your psp, its just people trying every little tom harry and dick software released by every second average jocky.
    downgrade psp and follow respectable psp sites.

as for DS? does that play emulated software? or homebrew?

There are some decent homebrew projects on the DS but nowhere near the as much as on the PSP. The most exciting developement is a conversion of the SCUMM Emulator for the DS. Imagine playing all those LucasArts classics with a stylus on your DS. You need a DS flash cart to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GTA
    SW:Battlefront2
    Lumines
    Wipeout
    Burnout
    Ridge Racer

and with Battlefield2 and Killzone already announced, PSP is a hands-on winner pour moi

Advertisement