Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Keano

Options
  • 03-12-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

"I Keano" is running again after xmas in the Olympia and I'm thinking of getting my parents two tickets..just wondering does anyone know if it's as good now without the original gift grub cast in it and also wondering is the language bad??....read in a review somewhere that it was "appaling"!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

and also wondering is the language bad??....read in a review somewhere that it was "appaling"!!!
    Thanks
    Apart from one moment when Keano loses his rag, its pretty tame. Are your parents the senstive type?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

They're not the sensitive type but when I read "appaling" previously I wanted to investigate a bit further!!!Thanks anyway..."fairly tame" sounds acceptable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Zentoad

SofaKing wrote:
    Apart from one moment when Keano loses his rag, its pretty tame. Are your parents the senstive type?

So what about the new cast? Are they as good? I am a bit disappointed that the original cast will not be taking part.

//Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

i bought tickets for achristmas present.|Didnt know it would be a different cast!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Zentoad wrote:
    So what about the new cast? Are they as good? I am a bit disappointed that the original cast will not be taking part.

//Joe
    Well im not familiar with the original, indivdual actors so i can't make comparisons. I saw it in May and as i understand it there were new people in some of the major roles.

The actors who played Macartacus and Keano played their roles remarkably well, which was the most important thing as the whole performance fails or suceeds with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yes Pighead would agree that its fairly tame but I must admit there was one section that might be deemed "apalling".
    I cant remember the exact details but its got to do with one of the journalists(Cathal Dervan?) sucking Macartacus' toes. It goes on for about 2 minutes and it made the woman behind me get sick all over my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I saw it with the new cast in Sept when it was in Cork, it's very good and I wouldn't consider it "appaling" yeah there's a bit of bad language but you could hear worse in a lot of place. There were plenty of people 60 years plus at it and they laughed along.

I'd love if they brought it out on DVD,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

I'm just home from it now. It was brilliant. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Some friends and I are going to see it tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Went to see it last night,..was a bit dissapointed with the sound at the satrt as the band seemed to be louder than the actor playing Macartacus.

But that set aside i really enjoyed the show and i would have to give it an 8 out of 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

My parents bought tickets for the whole family, including my 9 year old sis, should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

I saw it last month and had really poor seats in the upper circle of the olympia and was very disappointed with it although the seats really didn't help as i was unable to see most of the stage even when leaning forward.

After reading this:
    'Sir Alex Ferguson and Mick McCarthy have still not replied to invitations to the first British staging of the play 'I Keano', even though it opens on Tuesday. The play tells the story of former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane's bust-up with McCarthy before the 2002 World Cup, and features a character called Fergie the Hairdryer God... None of the official invitations sent to United have so far been accepted, although the producers have been asked to keep back a number of tickets for first-team players' - The Daily Express.

Does anyone know if any of the Irish squad has been to see this and what was their take on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I know i have obviously been living under a rock for 4 years but was wondering if anyone knew if i keano production will be back and when?

Advertisement