Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crouch Off the Mark!!

• 03-12-2005 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Peter Crouch has finally gotten off the mark at liver[pool with the flukiest goal ever scored!! Do people think that he will start to really bang them in now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Don't think it needed a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah nobody really cares. There is far too much emphasis on Liverpool in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not his goal it hit 2 players before it went in and the keeper saved the initial shot just mad things happened. well i pissed myself laughing at it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dr J wrote:
    Yeah nobody really cares. There is far too much emphasis on Liverpool in this forum.

Totally agree with that statement. They seem to be dragged into every thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

second definitly his

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Crouchy for the hat-trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Awww lemlin, we could start a thread on Blackburn getting humped by the other team on Merseyside if you like, and another sending off too, we could begin a thread on their disciplinary record too. If you do not think your team is well enough represented start a thread but just understand that you will have to take the good with the bad. Ye should be well used to that at this stage though I suppose.

Awww lemlin, we could start a thread on Blackburn getting humped by the other team on Merseyside if you like, and another sending off too, we could begin a thread on their disciplinary record too. If you do not think your team is well enough represented start a thread but just understand that you will have to take the good with the bad. Ye should be well used to that at this stage though I suppose.

Did Dr J and McHurl not second this. In fact, it was Dr J who said it first. As I pointed out to you in a separate post, aren't personal vendettas against the charter? You seem to have a problem with me because of my opinions about Liverpool.

I do take the good with the bad. As I pointed out in another thread, I know Blackburn aren't as good as Liverpool. I don't expect them to be.

Maybe you should learn to take criticism also though, and realise that other people's opinions of your team may differ from yours.

How you made the position of moderator amazes me.

Is there any point to this post apart from just wanting to have a go at Blackburn? Agree with Lemlin here.

Dr J wrote:
    Is there any point to this post apart from just wanting to have a go at Blackburn? Agree with Lemlin here.

Thank you for the support. I can't mention Blackburn on this forum without Thanx 4 The Fish mentioning something. On another thread, I was talking about their display Wednesday night and he managed to jump in also.

Okay, you don't agree with my criticism of Liverpool in the past but could you drop it please. And I don't think its having a go at Blackburn, its trying to goad me.

• Advertisement

I must have missed out on writing the personal vendetta bit into the charter. To assume that I have some nature of a vendetta against you assumes that I have any kind of interest in you beyond spotting the odd post of yours, realising that you are once again complaining about there being too many liverpool posts and rebutting it with the if you have a problem with the amount of liverpool threads then start a blackburn one.

I believe I am quite entitled to post on any thread I choose to on this forum, you thinking I am trying to goad you again suggests that I even care for a second about what you think. Get over yourself Lemlin, there are better things to think about.

I particularly liked this gem though
    Posted on a liverpool related thread....Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Speaking of Blackburn, what happened my Andy Todd thread? (it wasn't havin a go at Lemlin)

I must have missed out on writing the personal vendetta bit into the charter. To assume that I have some nature of a vendetta against you assumes that I have any kind of interest in you beyond spotting the odd post of yours, realising that you are once again complaining about there being too many liverpool posts and rebutting it with the if you have a problem with the amount of liverpool threads then start a blackburn one.

I believe I am quite entitled to post on any thread I choose to on this forum, you thinking I am trying to goad you again suggests that I even care for a second about what you think. Get over yourself Lemlin, there are better things to think about.

I particularly liked this gem though

Posted on a liverpool related thread....Classic.

You seem to be missing the point with your quote there, once more I'm backing up someone else's opinion. Why aren't you taking your problem up with them?

Why single out my post and ignore the other two of a similar opinion in this thread? Why aren't you attacking the teams that Dr J or mchurl support?

And let's see if you can find examples of me saying there are two many Liverpool threads other than these 2 examples.

Yeah Thanx 4 The Fish I'm not buying that for one second. All he did was back up my opinion and then you went off on a tangent about Blackburn using the great argument logic of 'yeah well at least my aren't sh*t like yours'. It wasn't neccessary. I support Arsenal. Do your worst.

Thanx4, did you delete the Todd thread?

No, never even saw it, who started that then ?

And I couldn't give a crap what you are buying Dr.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50483023&posted=1#post50483023 on that thread I was talking about Blackburn's display in the CC Wednesday night when you jump in and say you'll have a bet with me that Liverpool will go further in the cup.

Liverpool are out of the competition. You also posted a link to the league game, which Liverpool won, for no obvious reason at all.

What's going on here?

As for being in a position to lead by example, in my mind you shouldn't be commiting offences that you ban other people for commiting. On a thread about Liverpool, you've needlessly attacked Blackburn.

I'm still waiting for the numerous examples you have of me saying Liverpool are talked about too much besides the two you've mentioned.

My point was for a moderator it wasn't great behaviour. Deal with it. You certainly don't seem to be able to accept criticism of either your team or yourself.

huh?
    What I say? Buying what?
    What's the agression for? Are you a moderator? As in moderate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 header

no he wont

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote:
    huh?
    What I say? Buying what?

He meant that for Dr J, not you Dr Nick.

Dr. Nick wrote:
    huh?
    What I say? Buying what?

Wrong Dr., sorry.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good to see the lad get off the mark but I wouldn;t be shotin the load just yet, wait until he hits double figures!! Bit of a deja vu aka Forlan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

At long last - well deserved goal(s) for Crouch. He has been an essential cog in this good run of form the team have been on. As far as I'm concerned he's well worth the money we spent on him (especially compared with Cissé, Kewell and a select few others).

Dr J and Lemlin, you guys should feel free not to read the liverpool related threads if they bother you so much. For the rest of us, Liverpool remain either the most supported english team in Ireland, or the second most (behind ManU) - so its inevitable that a large proportion of discussion on an Irish bulletin board will centre around them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318044
    any chance we could have a topic on Boards without bringing up Liverpool!

Not too bothered looking around besides, perhaps you could provide an example of where I have banned anybody for an offence that I have committed while there is nowt else on.

Too true RE*AC*TOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To many Doctors' on this thread!

In the other thread Lemlin refers to there seems to have been some confusion about who Thanks 4the fish should have made that CC betting quip to, ie it should have been Big Nelly not Lemlin.

Frankly either way its mole-hill stuff.

Mike.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    At long last - well deserved goal(s) for Crouch. He has been an essential cog in this good run of form the team have been on. As far as I'm concerned he's well worth the money we spent on him (especially compared with Cissé, Kewell and a select few others).

Dr J and Lemlin, you guys should feel free not to read the liverpool related threads if they bother you so much. For the rest of us, Liverpool remain either the most supported english team in Ireland, or the second most (behind ManU) - so its inevitable that a large proportion of discussion on an Irish bulletin board will centre around them.

On your first point, he take pressure away from the defenders/midfield. Ten seconds that he keeps the ball at this level is a LOT. Just put in Cisse and see the difference, the lad can't be taught.
    Benitez 's thinking on players and tactics is starting to reap rewards, he is so far ahead of Ferguson, it should be frightening for ManU supporters.
    What would he do if he had Rooney/Van N/Scholes/Ronaldo/Keane (and yes, he would still have Keane)

Never forget the money that's been spent at OT, the press seem to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Benitez 's thinking on players and tactics is starting to reap rewards, he is so far ahead of Ferguson, it should be frightening for ManU supporters.
    What would he do if he had Rooney/Van N/Scholes/Ronaldo/Keane (and yes, he would still have Keane)

Never forget the money that's been spent at OT, the press seem to have.
    Compare what each manager has spent in the summer, then look at the league table.

Compare what each manager has spent in the summer, then look at the league table.

Go two Summers. Or three. Then count the cost of medocrity.

• Advertisement

That'd be £28 on Rooney. £26m on Veron. £23M(?) on VanNose-tilroy.

Give me a break. Won the Champions League lately?

In fairness two of those were and are superb for united and they made most of the money back on Sebby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dr. Nick wrote:
    Go two Summers. Or three. Then count the cost of medocrity.
    To last season, when United finished two places above Liverpool? Or the season before when they finished a place above them? Or the season before that when they won the Premiership?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318044

Not too bothered looking around besides, perhaps you could provide an example of where I have banned anybody for an offence that I have committed while there is nowt else on.

Too true RE*AC*TOR

So you've found one example where I brought the topic up and two where I backed up other people's opinions - hardly the constant moaning you seem to think I am gulity of.

That's all well and good but I'm still wondering why Thanx 4 The Fish feels the need to criticise Blackburn at every available opportunity, and even where there are not opportunties.

What exactly was he trying to accomplish by bringing Liverpool into a conversation about Blackburn in the CC? A competition they are already out of. And why post a link to a match which had taken place in the league weeks earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

To last season, when United finished two places above Liverpool? Or the season before when they finished a place above them? Or the season before that when they won the Premiership?

jaysus man. dont go back too many years there or u might ruin ur whole arguement, *cough* 18 league titles *cough*

i reckon united had a good 10 years there at the top, a good opportunity to take over from liverpool's european and domestic records, and it looks like they missed they're shot tbh

I did not bring them up Lemlin, your brother did when he suggested that they would beat liverpool in it. A competition that liverpool had already been knocked out of. Do you even read the rest of the threads or do you just look for my posts and then go off on a rant ? Stinks of a personal vendetta to me ;)
    Cant see Blackburn winning it....All the top teams...Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and maybe you could put Liverpool in there but I think Blackburn could beat them! are taking the trophy serious so I thik it will be one of the three!!

Not at that stage were liverpool taking that comp seriously as they were already out of it. So Blacburns chances of beating them in it were slim at best :v:

Edit - Save some space on thread

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    jaysus man. dont go back too many years there or u might ruin ur whole arguement, *cough* 18 league titles *cough*

i reckon united had a good 10 years there at the top, a good opportunity to take over from liverpool's european and domestic records, and it looks like they missed they're shot tbh

And I reckon the next ten years at the top belongs to Chelski.

I did not bring them up Lemlin, your brother did.

I missed the part where he was saying that Liverpool would go further in the cup than Blackburn, despite being out of the cup. He mentioned teams taking the cup seriously and put Liverpool in that bracket but he did not mention how far they would go in the cup.

And I think it could be argued Liverpool did take the CC seriously. They fielded six or seven senior players against Palace.

And I reckon the next ten years at the top belongs to Chelski.

maybe. i think if the last few years have been about arsenal and man u, then the next few may well be about liverpool and chelsea.

el rabitos wrote:
    maybe. i think if the last few years have been about arsenal and man u, then the next few may well be about liverpool and chelsea.

Blackburn bought the Premiership title once and then disappeared into the wilderness. Hopefully someday they'll return :)

Chelsea, on the other hand, have the money and management to buy it for the next ten years or more.

Blackburn bought the Premiership title once and then disappeared into the wilderness. Hopefully someday they'll return

Chelsea, on the other hand, have the money and management to buy it for the next ten years or more.

sure u could say the same about real madrid. mourinho is a top manager. wenger and benitez will figure him out much sooner than later. they're very beatable imo. things at united are a bit uncertin these days, so i dont know what to expect from them.

i'll tell u one thing about blackburn though, they'll win division 1 before they win the premiership again :p

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote:
    sure u could say the same about real madrid. mourinho is a top manager. wenger and benitez will figure him out much sooner than later. they're very beatable imo. things at united are a bit uncertin these days, so i dont know what to expect from them.

i'll tell u one thing about blackburn though, they'll win division 1 before they win the premiership again :p

Barcelona have just as much money to spend on players as Madrid though. The question is do any team in England, or even Europe for that matter if you want to take Madrid into account, have as much funds as Chelski? The answer to that is definitely no.

And its been a while since you saw Madrid with a manager of Mourinho's skill. They certainly haven't had one in the past few years.

And I'll agree with your point about Blackburn but I'm still happy to support them. But I also think it'll be a good while before anyone joins our exclusive club of four that is the teams with a Premier League to their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Lemlin wrote:

If you dont like talking about liverpool, why do you post in nearly every liverpool thread?(including this one) If you dont want to talk about liverpool, kindly **** off out of all their related threads and dont ever post in them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

el rabitos wrote:

Personnally i think man u and liverpool are battling for 2nd and 3rd. Arsenal, while they have the best striker in the world, lack the mental ability to push to challenge for the title and the 2nd and third places. They remind me of liverpool last season, where they did not perform against the tough physical sides. Especially away from home on the cold rainy winter days.

Viera was a massive lose which they never seemed to bother to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

About time that he scored. The amount of chances he has missd and finally one went in and then another.

I think he will score aload of goals now because he will have confidence now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Put yer cocks away ladies.

If you dont like talking about liverpool, why do you post in nearly every liverpool thread?(including this one) If you dont want to talk about liverpool, kindly **** off out of all their related threads and dont ever post in them again.

I do NOT post in every Liverpool thread. I only post here at the weekends usually anyway so I can't see how I could have the time to be involved in every thread.

And its almost impossible to avoid posting about Liverpool here. They get dragged into every thread no matter what it's about. That was my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Personnally i think man u and liverpool are battling for 2nd and 3rd. Arsenal, while they have the best striker in the world, lack the mental ability to push to challenge for the title and the 2nd and third places.

Holy shit, how did I miss this? When did Ronaldo move to Arsenal?

I think that you made it completely clear that it was not your point, it was somebody elses that you just backed up. I could go through all of the therads in soccer and see where liverpool are involved in them, come back with an accurate representation and unless it matched your view you would see it as wrong anywy so there is no point really.

I could also go through all of the liverpool threads and find out where you have managed to put in some comment or another (as is your wont, it is a message forum after all) and it may give an accurate representation of how often you post on liverpool threads but again if it does not match your view on things you will be loath to believe it anyway thinking I have frigged the numbers as part of a personal vendetta that I have against you.

As has already been said, Liverpool are one of the most succesful team in Europe, and are amongst the most supported teams in Ireland, they will be talked about here, live with it or move on to another chat forum where you can only read posts about teams that you wish to talk about, or if you were to stick around don't post on liverpool threads or therads that have something to do with liverpool, there are many of them currently open and available for posting in. Just look at the forums thread list.

There are currently 18 threads on the opening page of this forum. Of those 3 are liverpool related and another two have liverpool mentioned. The two that have liverpool mentioned are about days that they played football, two are about a striker that plays for liverpool and another is about transfer signings which is important for a team with no recognised left winger performing at the moment.

There are three that are man u related and two others stating results of games they have been involved in. Of the three they are about Man u retiring a jersey, their new captain and a striker coming back.

So there are six threads in eighteen specifically about the two biggest teams in english footy. I cannot understand what your problem is Lemlin.

I think that you made it completely clear that it was not your point, it was somebody elses that you just backed up. I could go through all of the therads in soccer and see where liverpool are involved in them, come back with an accurate representation and unless it matched your view you would see it as wrong anywy so there is no point really.

I could also go through all of the liverpool threads and find out where you have managed to put in some comment or another (as is your wont, it is a message forum after all) and it may give an accurate representation of how often you post on liverpool threads but again if it does not match your view on things you will be loath to believe it anyway thinking I have frigged the numbers as part of a personal vendetta that I have against you.

As has already been said, Liverpool are one of the most succesful team in Europe, and are amongst the most supported teams in Ireland, they will be talked about here, live with it or move on to another chat forum where you can only read posts about teams that you wish to talk about, or if you were to stick around don't post on liverpool threads or therads that have something to do with liverpool, there are many of them currently open and available for posting in. Just look at the forums thread list.

There are currently 18 threads on the opening page of this forum. Of those 3 are liverpool related and another two have liverpool mentioned. The two that have liverpool mentioned are about days that they played football, two are about a striker that plays for liverpool and another is about transfer signings which is important for a team with no recognised left winger performing at the moment.

There are three that are man u related and two others stating results of games they have been involved in. Of the three they are about Man u retiring a jersey, their new captain and a striker coming back.

So there are six threads in eighteen specifically about the two biggest teams in english footy. I cannot understand what your problem is Lemlin.

Yes but I don't get where you all get the idea that my posts about Liverpool are always criticising them or negative. Alot of them are positive. On the other hand, the less said about your posts regarding Blackburn, the better. The one above being a case point.

I was backing up someone's else's opinion yet you are still talking to me. Should you not be addressing the person who brought the topic up or the other people who have mentioned this. Why am I singled out?

Because everybody else has let it lie whereas you have once again said in this thread - post here - http://www.pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50484332&postcount=47 - that there are too many liverpool threads, something whcih I have since debunked with no response from you or anybody else who has said this.

In this instance BTW i was just backing up this post - http://www.pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50483534&postcount=43 why dont you attack them. And won't somebody please think of the children.

• Advertisement
Advertisement