Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting to mp3

Options
  • 03-12-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on how I convert tracks from my Windows Media Player to MP3 format??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You mean converting from cd to mp3 using windows media player or do you mean converting from .wmv to .mp3?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

I kinda mean both. I have some tunes that were e-mailed to me uncompressed in my Media Player but I also have ones on CD. So yeah, both.

Go to the "Rip" tab and select the tracks you want converted, then hit rip music .

You'll need another program to convert from .wmv to .mp3, just google for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BerigWielbark

Magix Audio and Video programmes are very handy when it comes to converting from wma to mp3. Pretty inexpensive as well...usually less than 20 bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Most audio rippers/converters won't convert from WMA to MP3, the way i found to convert WMA to MP3 is to convert the WMA to WAV first and then convert the WAV to MP3, easy solution without having to pay for a WMA -> MP3 converter.

FYI Anima WMV is Windows Media Video, not Windows Media Audio (WMA)

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right.

I wouldn't try and convert wma to mp3 anyway btw, you'd loose a lot of quality in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yep you're best off gettin a CD with the original WAV's and ripping them fresh to MP3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i htought MP would do it straight anyway with its convert yoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

You can set WMP to rip to MP3 in some options menu or other.

Advertisement