Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angle responds to Health Issues!

• 03-12-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I just read the following on K3Wrestling, its great news and hopefully puts to bed any worries fans may have had over his health.
    In response to the reports of Kurt Angle circulating the internet regarding his health, Dave Hawk of Kurt Angle's management team sent the following message:
    Says Angle: "To all my fans, I'm in perfect health. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am healthy and in great shape. Yes, naturally I have a few minor aches and pains due to bumps and bruises but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life, as has been fabricated on many website chat rooms. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wow, Angle says it so it must be true!!! He wouldn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

"Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life

Remember wrestlemania 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Well his definition of jeopardizing his health and ours are totally different. A normal day to him involves getting clattered over the head with a fold-up steel chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

i dont think angle would abuse drugs etc...the guy was in the olympic and i think that those guys would best know the consequences of them
    but its great to hear him talk about his fans family etc the way he did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

He was in the olympics. That's a million miles away from what he does now. Plenty of people in the olympics use drugs, more than people know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

yak_kadafi wrote:
    i dont think angle would abuse drugs etc...the guy was in the olympic and i think that those guys would best know the consequences of them
    FX Meister wrote:
    He was in the olympics. That's a million miles away from what he does now. Plenty of people in the olympics use drugs, more than people know about.

When Angle was in the Olympics, he competed while under painkillers due to the extent of his neck injury. In his book, he talks about the particular painkillers he took being the only ones available that would enable him to compete. By doing so he was risking permanent paralysis (i dont know what the percentage risk was) and he makes no secret of the fact that guys targeted his neck in the US Olympic qualifiers and in the Olympics. While i have the utmost respect for Angle, this shows that he is willing to risk his health to be the best. I just hope the risk pays off this time like it did in the Olympics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When Angle was in the Olympics, he competed while under painkillers due to the extent of his neck injury. In his book, he talks about the particular painkillers he took being the only ones available that would enable him to compete. By doing so he was risking permanent paralysis (i dont know what the percentage risk was) and he makes no secret of the fact that guys targeted his neck in the US Olympic qualifiers and in the Olympics. While i have the utmost respect for Angle, this shows that he is willing to risk his health to be the best. I just hope the risk pays off this time like it did in the Olympics.

All of that would have been done under strict medical supervision.

Considering how emotional he got over Eddies' death and considering he has a young daughter, I find it hard to believe he would risk his life for a programme with John Cena which involves putting him over effectively.

I think the report that said that Angle was on "death watch" was gross exageration by pwtorch. In saying that from reading his book, watching his carreer in terms of what he has wrestled through (I mean at WM19 everyone knows the story and I'm sure have seen the documentary with clips of his daughter), the quick fix surgeries he has opted for whcih unforutnately have nt worked and just listening to guys that I would respect their opinons such as Alvarez and Meltzer, I would still have grave concern for him. Actually now that I think of it I can not recommend a subsription to figure four weekly enough. Alvarez and Meltzer discussed Kurt in a very interesting but not over the top way.

So my take on it. Is he on "death watch"? Hell no. But do I believe when he said that he would and never has jeopardised his health by wrestling? I do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

From a Live Audio Wrestling interview with Kurt Angle in March earlier this year:
    'He says he’s not supposed to talk about it, but two years ago, it would have taken him 15 seconds to take Puder out. Since then, he had problems with his neck, has 30% strength in his left arm, about 50% strength in his left arm. He can’t feel his left fingers. He has tingling in his right hand. He has a lot of problems stemming from his neck. What happened was Puder got him in a key lock. (?) Angle took him down and counted him out just because he was stupid enough to stay on his back. He says rumor had it that he was going to tap out. He says he never was going to tap out, because he didn’t have it on strong enough. He says he wouldn’t have been able to get it on him if he was healthy enough. He says Vince and he sat down and he asked him if he was okay. He replied that he was asking someone who’s had three neck surgeries to go against a shoot fighter. He said two years ago, he would have no problem and that he would have annihilated him, but he is not that unstoppable human being that he used to be. He went from being inhuman to being human. At one time, he believed he was the “baddest dude on the planet”. But now, he is going to have his good days and his bad days and that day was one of his bad days.'

So either a miracle has happened during the past 8 months, or Kurt is bullsh*tting so that he doesn't lose his spot. If he isn't true to himself, then he doesn't deserve anybody's sympathies when things start going downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So either a miracle has happened during the past 8 months, or Kurt is bullsh*tting so that he doesn't lose his spot. If he isn't true to himself, then he doesn't deserve anybody's sympathies when things start going downhill.

Um, how is Kurt bullsh*tting?

I think you put two and two together and came up with five. Nothing you posted contradicts Kurt's words highlighted in the original post.:rolleyes:

Um, how is Kurt bullsh*tting?

I think you put two and two together and came up with five. Nothing you posted contradicts Kurt's words highlighted in the original post.:rolleyes:
    Bullsh*tting that he's in perfect health, when it's clear he's only fooling himself (and a few naive marks).

Its kinda of interesting though that even though that the torch never mentions any wrestlers name, Kurt still comes out and responds to it. Rebutting a rumour that never actually mentions him when other names were being bandied about could be telling.
    Heres a post from another board that well edits Angle's comments which was well creative and contains a grain of truth I think beneath all of the exagerated comments:

"To all my fans, I'm not actually dead yet. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am not dead yet, nor will I be dying soon, and certainly not of any issues related to painkillers or steroids. Yes, naturally I have had a few concussions, broken neck, broken back, atrophy of both arms and legs due to nerve damage, high blood pressure, numb fingers that prevent me from typing this myself, full deafness in one ear, skull enlargement, hypogonadism, divorce, and roid rage but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life except working against doctor's orders, finding a quack to inject novacaine into my broken neck so I can win a freakin' gold medal, doing unplanned moonsaults off the top of cages, getting the wrong type of neck surgery for someone who will be enduring more spinal abuse, and taking unprotected chairshots to the top of my head while self-medicating with a dangerous amount of prescription pills. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best, despite being booked as a clown and kiss ass during my WWE tenure, all but negating the lifetime of hard work I put into winning a gold medal. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support.

P.S.They were talking about Ric Flair, not me. And I'm not dead."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Its kinda of interesting though that even though that the torch never mentions any wrestlers name, Kurt still comes out and responds to it.

The article never mentioned Kurt by name, but as can be seen on this board, and I'm sure on most others, it was Kurt that many people jumped to name first. It's more than likely this speculation that he wanted to respond too

Anyway, Meltzer's said that that report was highly exaggerated and nobody's actually on "deathwatch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's funny, but anytime i have ever seen a list of Kurts "injuries" it is always completely different from any other one i have seen.

So Kurt messed his neck up and wrestled on pain killers for the Olympics. Sorry folks, but as an athlete i would walk on broken legs for a chance at Olympic Gold. Do you guys have ANY IDEA what that means? It means, that at that time, at that moment in history, you were the absolute best person on the planet at what it is you do. Of course he would wrestle on painkillers for that. But if you really think the IOC would have allowed an athlete with an injury that could have ended his career, or his life, the wrestle, then you are seriousless mistaken.

The IOC is like the Judge Dredd of sports commitees, then don't care. If there is any issue, be it drugs, legal problems of anything else, they will shut you down. They have no vested interest in who wins. Why? Because the event that they put on is the brass ring. You struggle and work to get there, and you struggle and work even more to stay there.

As for any steroid issues with Angel, sure, he may be doing low dose cycles ( he simply is not big enough to assume he is doing anything more than this ) but they would not be even remotely high enough to in any way endanger his health. Hypogonadism? I doubt it, and even if he does, how does this adversely affect his health?? So the man may have low natural test levels, wow. Lots of treatments for that.

Roid - rage? Steroids are no different from anything else, and there is no medical research to back up claims of heightened levels of agression from use of any sort of anabolic.

And as for including Divorce, then that just ****ing low.

Plain and simple truth is that all these ass rags and idiot posters will make **** up and pick a target, not really caring about anyone involved because they do not know the person and can quite happily sit behind the annonymity of the internet.

Grow up folks, we are talking about internet bull**** here. Nothing more.

And besides, Angel with 50% of anything is still any of us at 200%. Deal with it.

Dragan wrote:
    As for any steroid issues with Angel, sure, he may be doing low dose cycles ( he simply is not big enough to assume he is doing anything more than this ) but they would not be even remotely high enough to in any way endanger his health. Hypogonadism? I doubt it, and even if he does, how does this adversely affect his health?? So the man may have low natural test levels, wow. Lots of treatments for that.

Roid - rage? Steroids are no different from anything else, and there is no medical research to back up claims of heightened levels of agression from use of any sort of anabolic.

You clearly haven't got a clue...

And his name is "ANGLE", not "Angel".

Really???

How do i not have a clue?? Because i typoed his name??? Get over yourself buddy. Find me one piece of acredited research that hints are a higher level of agression in subjects before, during and after in test subjects when on anabolic steroids. Good luck to you.

So exactly what cycles do you think he is on?? Test Prop??? Dianobol??? Or a simple stanzanol cycle????

COme on buddy, your so happy to point out that , in your opinion, I don't know what i'm talking about. Bring the knowledge, or hide behind your handle.

Choice is yours.

Dragan wrote:
    Really???

How do i not have a clue?? Because i typoed his name??? Get over yourself buddy. Find me one piece of acredited research that hints are a higher level of agression in subjects before, during and after in test subjects when on anabolic steroids. Good luck to you.

So exactly what cycles do you think he is on?? Test Prop??? Dianobol??? Or a simple stanzanol cycle????

COme on buddy, your so happy to point out that , in your opinion, I don't know what i'm talking about. Bring the knowledge, or hide behind your handle.

Choice is yours.
    lol - easy there tiger! hahaha. The phrase "roid rage" wasn't pulled out of thin air. I've taken anabolic steroids and now am taking andro and I have experienced emotional ups and downs on both. I have also taken Sostenon 250 and Deca-Durabolin and didn't experience uncontrolled "roid rage" like some would say, but I did notice my moods could change very quickly and I experienced some depression on the Sostenon 250. Another thing I noticed was that I was more irritable, so the roid rage concept does have some merit.
    Basically, increasing the testosterone level does have some effect on your ability to control anger. So although it's not (and cannot) be "proven" scientifically, you're naive if you believe steroids have no affect on ones ability to control rage - which makes you twice as naive, since you like to throw your big words around like a knowitall.

The majority of studies ( even though there are very few ) that were done into anabolics were pretty clear that there is a correlation between taking steroids, and "rage" issues, however this was primarily in subjects who had general issues with temper to begin with. As such, nope, nothing really hints that steriods can make an otherwise calm person become the Hulk.

The key is exactly what you said " increasing test", as this is the primary function of most anabolics. Simple fact is that in some subjects, taking simple products like Trib can have the same effect.

Emotional ups and downs is a totally different thing that the publics perception of roid rage ( angry juicers starting fights etc ). People don't seem to realise that on boards like this, where terms are bandied about ( like "roid rage" ) that it can have a never negative impact on the perception of moderate and educated steroid use in health adult males. ( You obviously have no issues with this yourself, you seem to be both well educated and experienced )

Sorry if i seemd to jump the gun at you, it's just that i grow very, very tired of seeing steroids blamed for the ills of all sports ( be the legitimate competitons or simply sports entertainment ) and have gown used to defending them from the ill informed i guess.

Also, as your original response to my post was a one liner, with no information included, i have to be honest and say i jumped the gun and assumed you were just another person who had done a quick google search and come across the FDA "list of evil" so i will apologise for that also.

But finally at no point have i ever claimed to be a "know it all".

Advertisement