Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black and white 2:your review!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 03-12-2005 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

this has probably already been posted but i dont get as much time on the internet cause im away.
    but im bored and thought id just ask

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF BLACK AND WHITE 2?

im bored as hell right now
    sowill some1 communicate with me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

it is a good game graphics are brillant but it is still not as good as it could be
    i got it on cdwow for 30eur too :D
    alot people complained about the tutorial level which i really dont get since u can exit it at any time once u have dont the basic movement thingy
    the creatures fighting looks cool and the armies are fun but its far from a rts and then the civ building while greatly improved from the first one still just finds ways to annoying u
    overall it is a good game and def worth it if u pick it up cheap :D oh and have a nice computer to play it on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

alic wrote:
    WHAT DID YOU THINK OF BLACK AND WHITE 2?

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Utter crap one of the worse games iv ever played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

the game was disappointing but was enjoyable

but the first 1 was better because the lvls were longer
    i heard to many rumers about the game which disappointed me a little
    the lvls where not very interesting cause of the soliders
    all u did was get a big population, collect ore, get an army and win

i also heard that they are going to make 3 more b&w's the last being in the modern age which might be good but then again be crap
    it will just look like king kong gone wrong

i know alot of people are complaining about the game but whenever any1 puts up a post on this thread will u put up ur review and what u liked or disliked

tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Complete pants. They had a lot of good ideas at the start, but you can tell that it needed a least another year of development. Pure crap.

They took the first game, cut out all the coolest bits, removed some of the annoying bits and added in twice as many annoying bits. Finally it was all brought together in a moronic and obviously half finished pile of sh1te.

EDIT: To elaborate, the game play felt futile as as soon as your city was booming you abandoned everything. The battle engine is a nightmare of confused twisting soldiers and creatures that makes no sense. The game world made no sense. The miracles were relatively pointless. Your villagers were utter morons that would happily starve to death or not have children if you don't specifically arrange things for them.

It was like being a warlike child minder in a world written by the autistic inbred children you were forced to micromanage.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    It was like being a warlike child minder in a world written by the autistic inbred children you were forced to micromanage.

Lmao so true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Guess I won't be getting this one then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Zillah wrote:
    To elaborate, the game play felt futile as as soon as your city was booming you abandoned everything. The battle engine is a nightmare of confused twisting soldiers and creatures that makes no sense. The game world made no sense. The miracles were relatively pointless. Your villagers were utter morons that would happily starve to death or not have children if you don't specifically arrange things for them.

its not true, its not true, its not true

*sits in the corner rocking back and forward while holding a molyneux doll*

ok lads its not that bad...

yes it has its problems (again) but it is a brillant idea and will keep u entertained (for awhile atleast).
    the movies was much better anyway :D atleast peter got that one right

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    yes it has its problems (again) but it is a brillant idea and will keep u entertained (for awhile atleast).

Pff. Its a matter of opinion. And my opinion says "ow ow this game is hurting me" instead of "hmm, im having fun!"

What the hell are you talking about?

• Advertisement

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    ok lads its not that bad...

That’s the problem with peter molineux though isn’t it? it's all brilliant ideas (ie hype and spin) and no bloody follow through or half assed implementation imho the mans a patalogical liar he should keep his damn mouth shut when doing interviews about "features" that will never make it into the game like wall's you can make taller or other small things like enemy A.I and some sort of challenge .

Remember hearing the games a.i would be in the guinesses book of records wtf for ? did they release the alpha A.i by mistake or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

err, you can make your walls taller....... theres an upgrade for like 150k that raises and strengthens the walls....

They are different walls siege walls i think however peter.m said in an video interview you could make the walls "as tall or wide as you want them limted only by ore" or something to that effect clearly that isnt what we have

Zillah wrote:
    What the hell are you talking about?
    http://www.lionhead.com/themovies/index.html

tbh i was not expending much from black and white 2, all reviews said the samething... great idea, just as many annoying problems/bugs :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i kinda liked it.

After the first one, which i though was a great game, marred by hideous bugs and a bent third level [the one where they take away the creature], this is still a disapointment.

The "tribute as currency" thing really gets on my goat, it makes no sense!
    why would a deity have to buy a miracle? i can understand being dripfed them so as not to overwhelm someone, but seriously?

And i hate how easy it is to train your creature, you see his thoughts and punish/reward as you want. The original system may have been less transparent, but it was more inteligent and actually impressive as your creature often picked up on things you did.

And finally, removing the belief system was stupid, godly actions no longer generate mana, so why bother being good or evil?
    there is no reward for helping people, nor for raining devine wrath on them, because tribute is only obtained by completing tasks, so just be bland. You'll do just as well...

wait, did i say i liked it? what was i thinking? i uninstalled it yesterday, to make way for a CS Source update and Mods, and i think it'll stay off...

Hell, you just reminded me of some of the crapper bits. I think i had forgotten them as a defensive mechanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

i remember when thats was coming out i was almost dying for it

when i got it i finished it the next day

thats not a game

or atleast 1 i was looking forward to

i agree wat u all said he has great ideas but cant produce anything good

im not looking forward to number 5 (if thats not just another rumor brought around by oul petey)

the game was ok but not brilliant

Advertisement