Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VGA HD Cable

• 03-12-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this cable allows you to play the 360 on a pc monitor? I have a dell 17 inch with 1280*1024 pixles. On a leaflet i seen back in may it says this cable allows you to play your 360 on a pc monitor but i've asked in shops and they havent got a clue. i'm not getting my 360 till monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭freer

vortal_pic_147528.jpg dis is da leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah am wonderin if i use this on my projector, will it burn an image on and ruin it
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/3M-MP7630.htm

Any advice

dunno i hav no clue, jat in da site u gave me it says HDTV: no

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

o right thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭ffocused

Yes the vga cable will work with your monitor, presuming it has a vga input, but you may have problems with sound. ie what will you connect the audio outputs to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

ffocused wrote:
    Yes the vga cable will work with your monitor, presuming it has a vga input, but you may have problems with sound. ie what will you connect the audio outputs to?

If its like the HD Component Cable, it has an optical output on the XB end of the cable. I use my PJ with all the consoles (360 included), dont worry bout burn-in, just keep the image moving. Besides, that projector if still running (release date 2000) already had a good life! ;)

i hav a jack tingy. ill plug da white n red cable into it then they output into da input jack on me tower den da sound will come out me speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

You get a stereo input to jack converter with it aswell as a male to female vga converter. It also has the digital out like the hd cables that come with the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

I've been to every game/xtra vison/hmv/dixons store from Airside/Swords to Drogheda to try and purchase this bloody cable.... the same story every one of them have the display box for it but none of them have them.... really p***ed off at this stage... what a joke!

2 days trying to get on to xbox360 suuport to get my live account transfered to the 360.... and now there's no bloody vga cables anywhere!

The most rushed launch of a console in history.... sure even the xbox360 in Smyths in airside has crashed showing the 3 red lights of death!

I'm really considering selling this turkey of a console.

Maddog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

buy one online :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

But what about all those people who have got a xbox360 and want this cable but can't purchase online?

What I'm pissed off about is the lack of stuff available at launch ( I've gone into stores that would only have 3 games for sale ) and the fact that the support for xbox360 is overwhelmed with calls that they are taking your name and number and telling you that they will call you back but can't even tell you when they expect to get back to you (the guy couldn't even tell me if it was going to be days or weeks) a load of ****e.
    rant over.

Maddog

Advertisement