Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you study?

Options
  • 03-12-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

To all the 6th years or people aiming high at over 480 points, I was wondering how you study/studied. I want to know what's is the most efficient way you have studied and memorized everything.
    And how do you study Mths Honours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

For Maths what I've been doing is just for each chapter writing out notes eg. worked examples, formulae I need to know or anything else useful. I write them after I've finished the chapter and I've done the revision exercises, because I know what areas are more important and what comes up more.

But on the whole, I'm not studying yet (for the actual LC). I'm just doing my homework properly at the moment and beginning to study for my Christmas exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I go tot he library and start at the start of the book generally unless there is assigned homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

for maths the best way is to practise some examples. go to your book and cover up the answer then try it yourself

and people who are aiming for less that 480 study too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

I think its more about ur attitude to it. Try not to just learn everything but think it through and make sure u can understand it. Dont just sit down and plow through the material; think about it a bit. At Higher Level u will have to be able to analyse things; not just throw down stuff u learnt.
    For maths the key is to practice 90% of the time. DONT spend too much time learning formulae or examples; it wont work esp. at higher. You have understand the theroy and apply it. The best way is to sit down and choose a topic to revise and then do as many questions on it as you can find from papers and your book. If u cant do sumthin then go through the examples in the book and the stuff u took down and THINK and try to work it out. If that dosent work look up the solutions in e-xamit or sumwhere or ask your teacher and then do the question againin a few weeks time to make sure you can do it on your own. This way will test your use of formulas and proofs as well.
    Finally dont burn yourself out. It can happen; i had a friend who did the leaving last yr and he did nothing but study and did nothin to unwind; in the end he did really badly. The Key is to be intelligent and efficent with your time.
    Thats my little lecture done hope it helps a bit

Advertisement