Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops overcharging parents

Options
  • 03-12-2005 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

My mother preordered an xbox 360 for my younger brother in the toystore in abbeyleix a month or two ago.
    It turns out the owner never got any from the supplier (well done :rolleyes: ).

Bro was also after a PSP so she picked up that instead today. Girl in the shop said they had one left in stock.

The shop charged my mother €310 for a Value Pack, told her it came with a higher quality card. She also bought 2 games at €52 + €59.

She came back and was proud with what she got. I needed to ring the shop back up and ask why she was charged €60 more for the value pack. The girl I was talking to said she explained it all to my mother, comes with a better memory card and that is why the price is higher than normal. When I told her I bought a value pack from them on release day for the normal price she was a bit shocked. Then it turns out my mother was sold the wrong pack, should have been a Giga Pack. Hmmm.... I taught they were sold out :( Liars!!

We are picking up the money they owe us on Monday.

Shops like this are taking advantage of parents that don't know or understand the price of consoles and games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sounds like a mistake to me. The girl just thought she was selling a Giga pack with 1gb stick.

But the bundles shops are doing on the newer hardware are rip offs, selling game people don't want or wouldn't normally buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I would have taught that also. But she was told she was getting the last one in the shop. Turns out they have more in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

most general staff probably don't know the difference between a giga pack and a value pack, give the poor girl some slack... unless it's happened more then once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Rabies wrote:
    I would have taught that also. But she was told she was getting the last one in the shop. Turns out they have more in stock.

it's thought, !taught in this context. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

kaimera wrote:
    it's thought, !taught in this context. :)
    Now you're just confusing the poor guy.

I thought I taught you that the rope was taut!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

my inglish spelling is crap :(

So anyway. Apart from my terrible spelling and grammer. Maybe it was an honest mistake on their part but I don't believe it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Was in dundrum today and in Virgin megastore saw PDZ for 59.99 - fair enough. Its a new console. Went 40 yards south and 1 level up to Game - 79.99 for the same game.

To be honest, I do actually feel so sorry for those that have not the knowledge or confidence in internet shopping.

I spent 218 euro on play over the week with a bunch of 5 sterlign off vouchers (see the thread in bargain alerts), without the vouchers these would have cost me 308 euro. I went into Virgin here in Dundalk and priced the whole lot and it came to a grand total in excess of 500 euro. 150% of what i paid.

Its a crying shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

dont u ppl know?
    girls no NOTHING about games :p

Advertisement