Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Mini Help Needed

Options
  • 03-12-2005 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the story my ipods sound is all distorted when i use earphones with it, and a weird burning smell comes from the earphone socket i have used lots of different earphones to test it and nothing, but when i hook it up to my monitor speakers or my surround sound it works but the burning smell starts when the song plays... ive tried reseting it and everything and i dont know how to open it to see if something is fried... i let it fall before but this only did cosmetic damage so theres no way of getting it replaced or repaired under warrenty and to get a broken ipod fixed by apple is nearly as much as buying a new one... anyone that has any advice please help me thanks lol :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

you could try sending it off saying you need a new battery. they might replace it then...

maybe there's dirt or water inside it or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

There couldnt be water in it... lol and i doubt they will replace it cause of the dents in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Its out of warrenty :mad: and the price of repair is 205.70 OMFG!!! for a 4gb mini god i would be better off buying a nano or getting one off ebay

Advertisement