Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with ESATBT

• 03-12-2005 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is expierencing problems with an ESAT BT Broadband PLus line. Every once in a while mine seems to lose the connection to the DNS server and cant convert a web address into an IP address. This means that i cant lookup websites or connect to pop3 email, however other programs based on ip addresses like bittorrent, Skype, MSN, etc, continue to work normally.
    In order to restore normal function i have to reset he line via the diagnostic panel of the web configurator oby turning the modem off and on again.
    In anyone has any ideas to solve the problem please reply or pm me.

Regards

Dubambman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I had this happen a few times last year (esatbb plus), but it seemed to just work itself out... I don't recall anything I did to fix it... I think it was just esats dns servers wigging out or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I also had this problem on EsatBT's Plus package and it did clean itself up after a while so it seems to be an on/off thing they have - it damn annoying cause I was worried they had changed the IPs of the DNS servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Thanks for the replys, but i've been enduring this problem for the past six months. I might give ESAT a ring this week and see what they say. But if anyone has any other ideas i'd be glad to hear them.

Btw, im running a zxyel prestige modem and a dell 2250 wireless router.

Thanks again

Dubambman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive used a wag54g and i never noticed any problems. But thinking about it i was using eircoms dns servers because i found bts too slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm on the normal 1Mb/s adsl, and haven't seemed tro have had any problems. Have you entered the DNS servers manually in your PC's network settings *and* on your router/modem? They're 194.125.2.240 and 194.125.2.241 (unless they're different for BB plus).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

dubambman

Do you have your login details stored on the modem. If so, you could try putting the modem into bridge mode (if it has such an option) and put your login details on the wireless router, letting the router handle logins, reconnections etc. If you look back at threads dealing with problems on IOL broadband you'll see that this approached worked for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Hi

Thanks for the advice, i manually entered the DNS server addresses into my broadband router and i've managed to go the whole day without having to reset the line. Hopefully thats it fixed.

THanks Again

Dubambman

Advertisement