Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

broken 6630

• 03-12-2005 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

dropped my phone on the ground in the pub last nite when i picked it up the phones screen was flickern then when i switched it off it didnt turn back on any options do think i can be repaired or do u think vodafone will replace it its 6 months old :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they'll send it off for repair. because it's user damage they'll charge anything from €50 up. it'll more than likely come back still faulty because they usually do. once its been sent back 3 times they'll give you a new one. but of course by the time you get 3 repairs you're out of warranty and they tell you to fook off when you ask for a replacement. the best thing is to be very forceful until they give you a new one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

they'll send it off for repair. because it's user damage they'll charge anything from €50 up. it'll more than likely come back still faulty because they usually do. once its been sent back 3 times they'll give you a new one. but of course by the time you get 3 repairs you're out of warranty and they tell you to fook off when you ask for a replacement. the best thing is to be very forceful until they give you a new one

If you are on your last day of warrenty and your phone is sent off for repair then you have another 90 day warrenty, the same applies if your phone is sent off again within that 90 days it will be covered by another 90 days

Not sure if this applies to Vodafone but it does to O2

Also don't take no for a answer when it comes to giving you a phone while your is off for repair, it seems to be standard for them to say they have none available. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

how long would my warranty be normally as I say I have the phone for 6 months is the warranty normally a year or 6 or 3 months,are you sayn they might replace it for free even though I caused the problem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i know the warranty extends by 90 days but then it'll break on the 91st day. they might do it for free if you don't tell them you damaged it :) send it off and see what they say. the worst that can happen is they decide you did it. in that situation they'll charge you to fix it but they'll give you an estimate of the cost befroe they do any work and you can refuse the estimate and just take back the broken phone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Have a look at the documentation that came with your phone.

I know my 6630 had a 2 yr warranty on it :D

And AFAIK Vodas warranty covers the phone for 30 days after repair.

Mik

• Advertisement

so if it is in warranty theyll repair for free??

Well it depends on how badly broken it is.

If it is really obivious that it was dropped they might not do it.
    If not really obivous you might get away with it.

But deny all knowledge of how it got broken:D
    if you admit that you dropped it you have feck all chance of getting it fixed under warranty.

Just say you took it of your pocket and noticed the problem then:cool:

mik

ok well theres no obvious marks on the casing that indicate its had a bad collision.ill try that thanks,wud it be clear when they open it if it had a hard collision

It might not be clear when they open it.
    The main thing is that the person in the shop can't notice it. :D

If it goes for repair chances are that once it is not water damaged it will get reapired under warranty.

Defo go for it and keep fingers crossed!

Mik

Advertisement