Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

instant messaging on 3

• 03-12-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Is there any instant messaging feature on 3? Ie, can I stay
    in touch via ICQ or MSN Messenger with 3?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Doubt any kind of IM client would work as 3 have a walled garden setup when it comes to internet access (eg: you can't access the likes og google or boards.ie etc)

In saying all this...I could be wrong,
    Its a shame really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Cabaal wrote:
    In saying all this...I could be wrong,

you're right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Right in that he's wrong or that's he's right?!?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ballooba wrote:
    Right in that he's wrong or that's he's right?!?!?!?!?!?

I got to agree, its now become very confusing
    I'd say he ment I was right in that you can't use a IM client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Correct - no IM on 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Are you able to go outside the 3 portel in the uk or is this everywere?

1huge1 wrote:
    Are you able to go outside the 3 portel in the uk or is this everywere?

In the UK you can buy a add-on package that allowsn you to access websites like amazon.co.uk etc, but afaik its restricted to sites of three's choice...which ruins the whole thing imho :(

Advertisement