Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra phone sockets - how?

Options
  • 04-12-2005 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I only have one phone socket in the house (the hallway) and would like to have one in a bedroom and an attic conversion.
    I'll most likely use the attic room for dial up connection as I have no broadband.

I already use DECT phones around the house but have been advised to use an upstairs socket as the master, as the signal can sometimes get distorted.

What type of cable will give me the best signal (as close to my current 42.6kb), bearing in mind that it has to run all the way to the attic? and where should I buy it?

Also, should I run it around door frames, up staircase etc. or is it a simple job to run it upwards through the wall, it's a stud wall, but with noggins etc.
    As the house has recently been decorated I don't want to start ripping out plasterboard and skirting.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Anyone?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

sounds like a big job
    since your in dublin why not get wireless broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

My line failed for BB, trying to find out why at the moment.
    Have a wireless setup from the old house and all:( (just moved to Rush, Co. Dublin)

Advertisement