Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scribbles on the tables.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Wait till it gets a little bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Art: "I wont be here tomorrow, I have to go to a conference in Queens University in Belfast, where everybody speaks like me"

Repli wrote:
    Art: "I wont be here tomorrow, I have to go to a conference in Queens University in Belfast, where everybody speaks like me"
    Legend!

Have a look at our assesment instuctions for Software Technology.
    Lab 11 - Assessment 3 - Assembler. If you have looked in the folders mentioned in Assembler Tutorial 2 then this assessment should be easy - it is a straightforward open, read, copy, send job. What you have to do: find and copy an ASM file called NUMBERS.ASM - take a look at it, make a copy on your U drive and alter it by simply adding your name and student number to the top, in the Comments Section, then just e-mail me a copy to show that you have studied an Assembler file. Big hint: there might well be a file called Numbers in StudentDistrib$ on 'lugh'(P:)\DT228\DT228-1\Assembler\masm32\tutorial\console\demo5 . . . . . There is no need to run this program, just make a copy. Send your named file to Art.Sloan@comp.dit.ie and just think, 3 down, 2 to go! Next week will be an 'open lab' - you can come along but we wont start Access until next semester.
    Worth 15% of final mark

God the course is getting easier every year :) [edit] Woops didn't read your post - Software Tech.. U don't do assembler until 2nd year..

Art: "Windows XP.. It stands for Windows eXPerience.. I don't know what they mean by experience, maybe a 'nasty' experience"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yes! He'd arrive at 9.15 with his plastic bag, high vis vest and bicycle helmet still on!
    9:15? He must be improving - he used to roll in at 9:40 scribble for 10 mins and then leave!! :D He even brought his kids a few times lol!! :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ah good ol' art sloan

legend

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Nerds √16- ever

i know this is on the tables cause in my youth i put it there

and thats [nerds (square root of 16)- ever].

think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

There was a girl my class and she was really really annoyed and not the smallest of girls( in fact she was huge). I wont use her real name just call her Mary. Anyway I came into the class one day and written on the desk was Mary then a shape of a heart food. So it was Mary heart food.

I thought was absolutely hilarious.

lol..

More Art Sloan appreciation tbh..

Art: "In France they use Azerrrrty keyboards" (say it in a Northern accent :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

that's a disgrace about the people writing www.jezzebellemusic.com everywhere. stop trying for free hits you bastards!

• Advertisement

conanm wrote:
    that's a disgrace about the people writing www.jezzebellemusic.com everywhere. stop trying for free hits you bastards!
    Hahaha, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

woot last 6 months in dit

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Art's a legend but one of the most memorable things ever when one of the lasses in our class almost made him cry. Oh the evilness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dunners wrote:
    Art's a legend but one of the most memorable things ever when one of the lasses in our class almost made him cry. Oh the evilness.
    care to elaborate?? hehe

It was during our first staff/lecturer meeting thingy. He stupidly asked if anyone had any comments about Comp Tech to which she replied "Can you do something more than just acetates? It's a bit crap when you just stand there and rabbit on about it" or something similar. He just stood there and looked like she had repeatedly run over a puppy, mumbled a few bits and pieces about not liking powerpoint or something and then fell completely silent. It is the first and only time I have ever seen Art truly speechless.

It was cruel, but in a funny way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Jesus poor Art, we'll have to hunt her down for revenge. :p

Ah we've made her feel bad enough about it already, constantly reminding her everytime we see him. Poor Art we'll say as he gleefully bounds down the corridors going to some lecture or other. The man is suspiciously happy most of the time.

Advertisement