Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfect Dark Zero

• 04-12-2005 1:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or has this game been like left in the dust by more modern FPS like Half Life2, Doom3 etc.?
    I have been playing it for a few days now and at first I thought it was just me but having played it for the last 2 hours realise it really really sucks.
    The control is awful too and the graphics not all that inspiring, really thought this was going to be the one, now I see why Rare and Microsoft kept it under wraps and away from the reviewers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I agree, it is a big disapointment. Bring it back, get COD2 and all will be right in the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Thank god someone thinks the same as me!. The gameplay is circa 1997, no wonder some of the websites who reviewed the preview code of the game said it was evocative of GoldenEye, that's because it IS GoldenEye, AGAIN. The control system is desperate (even by console standards) - it's unresponsive and akward, bad guys take an unrealistic amount of shots to go down, the graphics whilst nice don't inspire, the soundtrack is just too American (all RAAAAAWK guitars drowning every other sound out). I'm very disappointed with this game, having played HL2 and CS:Source religiously since their release, I grew accustomed to the level of interaction and freedom they offered, I finally get my hands on PDZ and I feel like I haven't bought a game, I've gone back in time.

As you said, no wonder MS & Rare held on to this one so no one can review it, it's not even a step sideways for FPS, it's a step back.

4/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Havent even played it yet :) Still playing PGR2 and trying to get the fecking PC->Xbox360 thing working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

im comparsion to hl2 and the likes it really is sh.ite
    didnt expect much form it so wasnt to disappointed but for the fact that it cost 70eur!
    voice acting and story are laughable alright
    multiplayer is suppost to b great fun but dont have dsl :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I have it too and I really wish i didn't. Its not at all good, its like Unreal tournamnet when your playing online(even though multiplayer is fun enough) and on single player its like playing a game from two generations ago. The AI is awful and the graphics don't do much to save it. Rare has lost the plot completely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got the store where I bought it to take it back and got Quake4 instead, having tried to give Perfect Datk a good go I played it for a couple of hours last night followed by COD2, that sealed it in the end, COD2 was so much better, before anyone thinks of dumping on the console itself I have also got PGR3 and King Kong and they are just perfect. Just surprised given the time allotted to Halo2 to make sure it was perfect they let this one out, reminds of the disappointment I felt playing Rebel Strike on the GC, its somehow broken.

Reckon there are a lot of people, reviewers and gamers alike who are caught in an Emperors New Clothes scenario, where they know its weak but can't say it without looking foolish because everyone else thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

I pity them

Advertisement