Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ole ole ole ole ole

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fingers, toes, arms, legs and whatever else crossed he gets through it. A true legend, and I'm by no means a Man Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

oh i hope to god he gets back in the swing of things. i hate seeing saha in a united jersey i think he is crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I have a huge respect for the man, but the reality of it is if he starts playing at any level it will be a miracle for the man!

come on the gunnar!reason we won the champions league in 1999!the best super sub ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Yesterday he trained with us for the first time and looked absolutely terrific.
    Very encouraging words! It's no doubt he is a legend,and will be remembered for decades. Hopefully we see him on top of his game again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He's possibly the one footballer that nobody can have anything against! I was delighted when I heard this news, praying he can come back and play again. I'd love to be at Old Trafford when he makes his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

This really is make or break for Ole. At the start of last week Sir Alex was lamenting his plight and talking about a testimonial for him. Two days later(Wednesday) he's training with the first team with Fergie gushing that he's performing terrrifically and will play on Monday for the reserves.
    This means only one thing to me. Fergie was willing to cut his losses and admit defeat in Oles long battle with the injury, but Solskjaer wants to give it one last go so Fergies throwing him in at the deep end. His knee will never be 100% so he's taking a risk. Of course we all hope and pray he continues to move forward and suffers no reaction for the rest of his career.
    Good luck Ole, we're all right behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

im delighted hes back and hope he has a good game against us on monday. He is the sort of footballer everybody respects regardless of what team they support. He has been to hell and back and hopefully he will get back to full fitness.Cant beleive hes 32!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Poor ole , I hope gets a few games in the first team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hopefully he grabs a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

He's just been on RTE2 scoring a substitution hat-trick against Big Ron's Forest.
    8-1 win. I have no memory of this, I'd even forgotten Ron took over at Forest.

Didn't he commit himself (in some fashion) to the new non-corporate manu? Whatever happened to them? Can't remember their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Not a Utd fan, but a huge fan of Ole GS.
    Was nice to see him as Bestie funeral... I presume he went on behalf of all the other players? or did he know Best personally?
    The baby-faced assassin is coming back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

him and rossi should take the piss against the liverpool reserves. hope so anyways....great to see him back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

whiskeyman wrote:
    Not a Utd fan, but a huge fan of Ole GS.
    Was nice to see him as Bestie funeral... I presume he went on behalf of all the other players? or did he know Best personally?

They would have known each other personally from doing appearances together. They were two of the United players that opened the United Shop in Dublin Airport back in the ninties I,m sure they did other ones.

I am delighted to see Ole back but I am concerned that he is rushing himself, I hope he gets through without any adverse reaction to his injuries. the match is on live on MUTV so thats my Monday evening viewing sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Great news.......Hope he makes it back in time for the champions league finale :)

That will no doubt be a boust of morale for the fans at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Great news.......Hope he makes it back in time for the champions league finale

sure he can watch it at home with the rest of the team wheather he's fit or not :D

good to seem him recover after so long out. another jamie redknapp story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Dr. Nick wrote:
    He's just been on RTE2 scoring a substitution hat-trick against Big Ron's Forest.
    8-1 win. I have no memory of this, I'd even forgotten Ron took over at Forest.

Didn't he score four that night? Incredible stuff, what a striker.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Came off the bench to score 4, was some feat. The man is a legend and deserves so much respect, never complains and still looks 11!!!
    32 years of age!!! Show us ur ID!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i love the man!! i hope that he comes back as good as ever but somehow i doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He's possibly the one footballer that nobody can have anything against!

I'd doubt hes too popular round in Bayern Munich :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm also looking forward to this match on monday. Its going to be great to see him play again
    If I could get a definate date, I would do anything to see him on his return to the first team, Old Trafford would have an atmosphere it has never seen before, just for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

PHB wrote:
    I'm also looking forward to this match on monday. Its going to be great to see him play again
    If I could get a definate date, I would do anything to see him on his return to the first team, Old Trafford would have an atmosphere it has never seen before, just for him.

I wonder is there any even slightly slim chance of him making the bench on Sunday?
    I'm going to the game and I'm sure it would be an incredible atmosphere if he was to play a part.

horseflesh wrote:
    I wonder is there any even slightly slim chance of him making the bench on Sunday?
    I'm going to the game and I'm sure it would be an incredible atmosphere if he was to play a part.

I doubt it. It's probably a bit early for him yet but you never know. Let's just see how he gets on tonight first

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ole lasted 45 mins tonight. Played well, looked like he was really enjoying himself. Pity about the result though We lost 2 nil to liverpool.

Delighted he came through uninjured. Hopefully he can get another few reserve games under his belt and maybe a first team place over the christmas or early in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Delighted to see him back. Solskjaer himself said he felt he could have played a little longer but the plan was for him to play 45mins. As Leonard said " Hopefully he can get another few reserve games under his belt and maybe a first team place over the christmas or early in the new year" He deserves a chance to play on the big stage again especially after the great service he has given to United.

Solskjaer comments after the game, from skysports.com

Solskjaer was delighted to get back playing again after such a long period out.

"It's a great feeling to be playing again after such a long time," said Solskjaer.

"It's been a long time as well since I've played in front of a crowd and found four or five defenders around me.

"It has been a frustrating time for me, but I always knew I could get back to playing at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I was delightyed he got through without any reaction. As you would expect after such a long lay off he looked a bit on the heavy side. He was interviewed after teh game ane he said he hope to resume training with the first team in the coming week so fingers crossed all is ok

Liverpool had Mellor return after a year out , he too looke heavy but he looked sharp all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

great for him to be back and happy to see him there too. Understandable he's a bit on the heavy side but that will improve with time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Hope he makes a quick progression to the first team, I'd love to see him back to his best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

All I have to say is that I hope Ole is in the First team as soon as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

glad he is back he is a united great played 45 mins against liverpool reserves we lost two nil but he did well look sharp for someone only training with the first team a week back from injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

besty wrote:
    him and rossi should take the piss against the liverpool reserves. hope so anyways....great to see him back again

ahem ;):D

Advertisement