Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Urgent help needed----nokia 6630

• 04-12-2005 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

just got my 6630 back from vodafone..it was being repaired and numbers that were stored in the phone memory have disappeared.....some VERY important numbers saved.
    Does anyone at all know is there anyway at all that i can get those numbers back somehow?
    any help is appreciated...

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Savant™

No there gone for good. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

lol one would think that in this day and age they would have something like that or else maybe that a company like vodafone could fix a phone without reseting it........you can get programmes for computers that retrieve ANY deleted programs etc etc....so im thinkin that there could be one for phones....

They more than likely reflashed your phone, which over wrote everything that was on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vodafone has to keep a record of all the numbers you phoned for i think two years for legal reasons. they have the details. if you ask for it nicely they'll say no but if you tell them to give them to you they will

vodafone has to keep a record of all the numbers you phoned for i think two years for legal reasons. they have the details. if you ask for it nicely they'll say no but if you tell them to give them to you they will
    That could work, use the ComReg word that usually gets them moving :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

In fairness they do mention that it might be wiped here:

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/mprc/index.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

you must have signed a repair docket this will also include a waiver for deletion of info of all types.

a flash removes everything, it is a very simple concept:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thats them covered then :)
    Although they don't have to they might give you your last x amount of dialed numbers but thats upto them and don't get pissed off with them if they refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

yea i didnt read the small print..useful lesson for next time..
    anyway thanks with your help guys

:(, there's nothing worse then losing numbers from you phone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

you should always back up ur number, theres no way of getting them back now.anway good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Did you not back everything up on your PC or on the memory card? When I got my 6680 updated they told me to do that.

Advertisement