Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basilisk - contains spoilers

Options
  • 04-12-2005 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

First of all I have to say that this one of the coolest series I've seen, although I'm only up to ep19. This is what I wanted naruto to be, no "leveling up", characters who want to murder each other, a storyline that doesn't care about killing off central characters. It doesn't get much better than this and the dark ninja skills are well cool, [x-ray]like Nenki's skill of bad hair day or Hotarubi's evil butterflies, seriously who has a better dark ninja skill? Evil butterflies, eh?[/x-ray]

Although, due to the fact that characters start to die from the get go, there are some characters that you are left wondering about. [x-ray]Such as Jinushi, in one of the later eps (the remenisence ep) he has arms and legs. How did he lose them? Is this explained in the manga?[/x-ray]

Anyone read the manga? I assume that its better than the anime (it usually is).

Unless it really shoots itself in the foot in the last 5 eps (which i doubt it will) I think this shall be leap-frogging into my no.1 anime slot (currently held by Furi Kuri).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

grabbing the first episode now, sounds right up my alley :)

could definitely do with a new series to get hooked on
    i can't be arsed watching any new episodes of Bleach, nor Naruto (up to episode 60 and 163 respectively.)
    and FMA is starting to turn a bit crap after 10-11 episodes (but then again, i did watch 8 of them back to back...)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Granted Naruto is crappy, it's an entire filler season after all, but Bleach is starting to unravel now and episodes 61 and 62 are pretty good, I wouldn't give up on it just yet.
    As for FMA, it's a great series, stick with it.

Basilisk, haven't seen any of it. It was licensed very early on so I didn't bother searching for fansubs. However, it does sound like a good series and I'd like to see it.

Advertisement