Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone VK530

• 04-12-2005 4:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you have had any experience with the VK530 that vodafone are offering. My gf has her heart set on it but im a bit weary as i've never heard of VK before!
    Is it any good, or is it just another cheap buget phone not worth the pink plastic its made from?

Would appreciate any help

cheers,
    esmurph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 esmurph

yeah thanks Savant for the referral. I've never heard of that site before.
    Since posting this thread i've read alot more reviews of the phone. Alot of them good, but there are also alot of horror stories too. like it breaking after the first charge, not being able to send/recieve picture messages, and stuff like that!
    Has anyone here had any problems with the phone??

cheers,
    esmurph:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

The batterys meant to be sh!t? That true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

i hear it gives you a brain tumour too but I think we aren't being objective!

for the money you seem to be getting wuite a specification - my thoughts on it.

Plus - 100 euro credit for €99 - how can you lose?

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

liamskater wrote:
    The batterys meant to be sh!t? That true?

My sister has one of these.There is a colurful flashing light at the front of it so this does drain the battery and the front colur lcd which always seem to be on.Probaly can be turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

alright cool.thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Aye, the gf has one of these too. She has no problems with it except for the 2-3 day battery life cycle. Also, it doesn't use the standard T9 predictive dictionary, it uses eZi or something. Though, gf manages it fine. Don't hear much complaint. And it does receive MMS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It also has the great feature to PIN protect your SMSs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The VK phones are apparently very populare in the uk. They've had them for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

You won't be able to download anything over WAP. It's not live! so the only way to transfer tones/wallpapers etc. to it is via a data cable which I think needs to be bought seperately. I've only seen it here in pink but it's available in other colours. As mentioned, it uses eZi texting interface which I personally found unusable but other people are saying it's fine.

It's a cheap phone i.e. you get what you pay for, but it does the job.

Advertisement