Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish ferries

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭rossious

I have to say, I'm having a giggle here this morning. This is turning into a personal slagging match against those supporting Irish Ferries. The same bully boy tactics the Company themselves are having to deal with.

How about this for a spin though. A friend of mine (officer on ship) was called yesterday and told to be ready for work tonight. We know this from the memo anyway. He is looking forward to his payoff. However he reckons that what has happened over the past few weeks is actually Irish Ferries being very smart.

Why did they want to train in the new staff now??? Because the period of 3 weeks or so before the run up to Christmas (Starting this Friday) is the quietest of the Companies whole year. Therefore this is a time when they would be making a loss anyway. Having the ships layed up has not been a big deal until now. Makes sense to me because I was wondering why they did not threaten reductions in redundancy before now. The Union was always going to start acting up. They chose their time well it seems.

Just a thought?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭seedot

ron, I'm assuming from the detailed knowledge you have of the rate of return on capital employed that you have fairly up to date accounts for IF / ICG available.

Is the profit figure quoted before / after interest on debt. I would assume after as this is normal unless explicitly stated (EBITD). What is the gearing of the company? Shareholders funds?

I'm not doubting your calculations just this 6% / 3% thing is a bit unclear to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

rossious wrote:
    I have to say, I'm having a giggle here this morning. This is turning into a personal slagging match against those supporting Irish Ferries. The same bully boy tactics the Company themselves are having to deal with.

or possibly the same bully boy tactics the company themselves are practising - depending on your point of view.

Advertisement