Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trapped in BroadBand twilight zone...

• 04-12-2005 6:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

The BB fiasco we are all experiencing at the moment, puts me in mind of the banks up to a while ago.....

When we have a major prob with a BB company whats stopping us from going to someone else??

Lets forget contracts for a moment.....and wireless agents.

Its the uncertainty as to when you will have service again!!

Doesn't that remind you of the changing mortgage issues of recent times ?

For me changing ISP is simply not an option. Because I use BB to pay my mortgage!

So it doesn't really matter what kind of shoddy tech/customer/overall service my provider dishes out, I gotta take it on the chin.

So my question is, how long till we can change providers overnight ala bank acounts and number portability??

For the sake of this argument, lets not suggest a second line install with a different provider hooked up to it.....it shouldnt be that hard !

Fedfan

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Don't hold your breathe, in the UK it still takes between 14-21+ working days to move DSL from one provider to the other (this wait time includes a cease and re-provide)

However if your in the UK and you use a MAC (Migration Authorization Code) then it is that much quicker and can be done within a few days, either way their is *some* downtime and frankly I doubt Comreg will force Eircom to introduce a similar system to MAC codes here anytime with in the next few years

Something to note about MAC codes also is that not all ISP's in the UK use the system and ISP's that do will only give MAC codes at customer request they generally won't give them out when you cancel unless you actually ask for it.

Advertisement