Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linguistics?

• 04-12-2005 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just looking through modules I could do next semester, and 2 options are:

Sounds in Language
    Words and Sentences

The first one says that there are lab sessions to enhance listening skills... what does that entail? I'd hate to be in a room with a load of people going "ummm" "ahhh" "orrrr" "ck" (that doesn't spell out a work, btw, it's just sounds)

The second one seems kind of boring.

So anyone done these fookers? Any use?

(BTW, I'm currently signed up for Introduction to Ethics (if anyone has any insight into that), but I'm just looking at options I could take instead of that)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm doing words and sentences next semester. Hope it's gonna be good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

oh cool :) You gotten good reviews about it or wha?

Nope, haven't heard anything. I thought I'd just give it a spin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i'm doing linguistics as a major and i LOVE it... i'll be doing both modules next semester... i'm not sure what the lab session entails but i have a feeling there will be umm-ing involved!

hey waltons see ya there ;)

Good so far then? Hopefully it'll continue in that trend!

See you there Scraggs! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Good so far....quite the understatement imo!
    I hope to god we have fergeal murphy nxt semester he is just so entertaining!

Advertisement