Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows XP Reinstall

• 04-12-2005 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help?

I'm trying to format my c: dirve and reinstall windows xp

After going through the 6 boot up disks and inserting my XP CD, it formats my partition. When finished up pops -

"The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is missing

Value 0 on the line section [source disks files] with key "SP1.cab"

Set up can not continue, to quit setup press F3"

Some help would be really appreciated as the computer is rendered useless until it's fixed!

Thanks,

D_Alpha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

My guess is that you have a problem with the media/disc. Any sign of obvious surface damage?

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭[P]*Deus_Alpha

No, No sign of damage on the CD. The same error came up for 2 windows CD's i tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Those 6 disks......how did you create them...where did you get them from.
    I think there is a prolem with those.
    It looks like one of them is corrupt or instead is one which is used for an uattended install.
    Can you boot with the CD and format the drive from there instead?
    I only thought there were 4 floppy disks created when using that method anyway.
    Kippy

i went to bootdisk.com who then redirected me to a microsoft website where i downloaded a program to make the 6 disks along with directions for use.

I'm not sure about booting from the CD. I think the computer is set up for floppy boot disks. If i restart the computer it says that NDTS file not found press ctrl alt del to restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

when your booting up, there should be an option for setup/bios. Its usually F2 or delete button. Go into that and look for boot up sequence, change cdrom to the highest priority and then restart. boot from cd, format and install

• Advertisement

Cheers Lads,

I'll try out that suggestion.

Advertisement