Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL in Tipperary?

• 04-12-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Ok,

I'm currently living in Tipperary and looking to improve my internet connection. I am outside the chorus / cable broadband connection as live out of town. I currently have a ISDN connection. After recently hearing that an ADSL connection uses the exact same hardware as an ISDN connection (not 100% source is correct) I was interested to find out can you get it where I live.

After googling 'ADSL in Ireland' I came accross an article saying "ADSL is not for the people". Is this true? Is ADSL running in Ireland? Does it use ISDN hardware? What is typical speeds? Apart from satelite what are the other options?

Advertisement