Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV contract finished in couple of weeks - what next?

• 04-12-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi,
    My UTV contract is finished in a couple of weeks. Do I need to start up a new contract with them or will they let me pay as I go? I ask this because I don't want to risk them telling me the wrong answer. Also if I was to change can anyone tell me who might be the best operator at the moment or should I wait til January to see what the new packages are like. Any help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'll be leaving UTV (good riddance) to move to NTL cable in January which will be a nice simple changeover, but leaving them to join another DSL provider will be awkward for you. If you decide to leave them you'll need to get them to relinquish/rebundle your phone line back to Eircom (up to 2 weeks) then you'll have to arrange broadband with another provided (again up to 2 weeks). There was someone on this board a few weeks back who was giving out about exactly this problem.

Also, to leave UTV you'll need to give them a months notice and possibly even pay a disconnection fee (even their own information about this can be sketchy).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

litirspam wrote:
    Hi,
    My UTV contract is finished in a couple of weeks. Do I need to start up a new contract with them or will they let me pay as I go? I ask this because I don't want to risk them telling me the wrong answer. Also if I was to change can anyone tell me who might be the best operator at the moment or should I wait til January to see what the new packages are like. Any help is very much appreciated.

after you initial period is up you are on a rolling months contract.

They introduced a termination fee a while ago but it should only apply to certain groups of people and will depend on when you commenced with them.

Why do you want to change away from them? I ask because if there is a definite reason then that should influence who you go for and as the previous poster has mentioned if your line rental is changed over to utv it can be very messy going elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Advertisement