Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many...

• 04-12-2005 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

series is lost planned for? Or does anyone ever know.. can't see myself holding the same interest i have now for a 4th series

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

i dont think anyone really knows, excepting the producers (i hope). they always say they know the "destination" of each series first and then decide the "route" to take, so i assume its the same for the whole story. they probably have basic idea and will keep it going until people start to lose interest and then build up to the finale. i remember hearing about half way through series 1 in when it was shown in the states that they had enough material for over 6 series, but i doubt it will go much further than 3 or 4 at most. still i could be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

abrams and lindelof have said they predict it will last 5 to 6 series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

i tought they were going to end it with a blockbuster film after the second / third series so they could pay the cast higher salary with the eventual success of the film!

this no longer true then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

oh no.. a film.. cringe factor 10 for that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

JJ Abrams seems to have his head screwed on - Id say him and Lindoff know what the "masterplan" is in terms of the big reveals (the Hatch, Lostzilla etc) and will go with the fans and ratings in terms of how long they want to wait to show them. Anything from 5 to 7 years is feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Too many.....

They run it to death and after the 3rd season it'll just get boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sunn wrote:
    oh no.. a film.. cringe factor 10 for that..
    Serenity turned out pretty good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

i have not seen the second series but id say you could guess how long it will run for by how much the second series gives away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

im...LOST wrote:
    i have not seen the second series but id say you could guess how long it will run for by how much the second series gives away.

Couldn't agree more. There is a fine line between telling a mystery and spoiling it by revealing it. Their drip-feed approach worked well in season one. I'm already doubtful about how season two is playing out, but will give them the full season to see how it fares and how many new mysteries can be introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

If you take Alias as an example the series could nosedive if they aren't careful. When Abrams was at the show fulltime it was great but in the latter series it became pretty bad. The most worrying thing is that they have (so far) left many of the early questions unanswered on Alias.
    I could be wrong though as I haven't kept up to date with it.

If Abrams & Lindoff stay with the show it could be ok but if they leave the show could loose direction. I'm not saying they're the absolute key to it's success but they probably play a big part.

3 seasons & a film would be plenty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I dont like the sound of a film because i can imagine if being purely for the money and absolute Sh*t. 3 Seasons is plenty or 4 if season 3 was as good as 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Abrams is finishing up Alias in the next season (5).

He might be working on it now until the next episode of Lost on 11th January (boooo!) so he can get it out of the way and concentrate on Lost (yaaaay!)

I just want to say, the last episode of season 4 of ALias pissed me off.

Also, Eko and Locke rule. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mr. Brownstone

I thought it was 5 series. The first two would create the questions and character introductions. The third would be the start of the answers along with the forth. The fifth would be the climax, like the final couple of chapters in a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Alias was scrapped by the TV network AFAIK, its not finishing up by choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I'm just hoping that they won't ruin it and make it go on for too long. People remember the short and sweet.

A film? Ehhh...i suppose the atmosphere would be great and all, its just theres something about watchin it in the comfort of your home.

We'll just have to rely on them to make it good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Alias was scrapped by the TV network AFAIK, its not finishing up by choice

True, it was a mix of lowering-ratings and how expensive it was to produce that sealed the decision from ABC.

A Lost movie would only be worth watching if it came at the end of the series. For it to come in the middle (a lá X-Files), it could never answer any questions - just hint at some and pose more. If we got all the solutions in the movie, no one would ever return to the show. So I think a movie would either come at the very end, complete with answers, or tell a story which would take place (probably between seasons) during the show's run with little/no answers of substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

A full length TV/movie type thing to end it might be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 21 madmannwithabow

Jay: Noinch, Noinch, Noinch, Schmokin Weed, Schmokin' Weed, Doin' Coke, Drinkin' Beers...

Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smoking blunts, who smokes the blunts? we smoke the blunts!
    (thanks for the flashback Buck Owens.been ages since i saw that)

im not all that sure if the movie would work.it would have to be pretty fast-paced to cover any of the important questions, which i suppose would be left till the very end.

Also it will prove difficult to keep all the same cast for 7 series seeing as they've already lost the anna-lucia actress (supposedly due to her losing her clean police record?????)any confirmations on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

sprinkles wrote:
    Too many.....

They run it to death and after the 3rd season it'll just get boring...

How do you know?:p

Advertisement