Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Blocked

Options
  • 04-12-2005 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a problem, boardsie has been added to the list of blocked websites in work and therefore I can't post very much anymore. I can get around it by using http://boards.ie instead of www. but when I click on a link there after I get the blocked website message. Is there a way around this???

ps: I looked for a similar thread in here but couldn't see one so if I'm duplicating stuff sorry.

Thanks

S
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I don't know if it will work but you can try pie.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Dr J wrote:
    Thanks I'll try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Dr J wrote:
    AFAIK he'll still get the linkage problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

AFAIK he'll still get the linkage problem though.

Well www.boards.ie is blocked for him but boards.ie is not. However boards.ie only brings up the main page and when you click on a thread link it will take you to www.boards.ie. With pie.boards.ie all thread links are still pie.boards.ie. If pie.boards.ie works then he shouldn't have a problem linking to threads AFAIK.

Dr J wrote:
    Well www.boards.ie is blocked for him but boards.ie is not. However boards.ie only brings up the main page and when you click on a thread link it will take you to www.boards.ie. With pie.boards.ie all thread links are still pie.boards.ie. If pie.boards.ie works then he shouldn't have a problem linking to threads AFAIK.
    I'll let ye know if it works. and your right, its a linkage problem in that all the pages are www.boards.ie/### and they are all blocked. Cheers for the help though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Dr J wrote:
    Ah, right you are. It's just that I remembered having to manually edit links before using pie, but I guess that must have been links hardcoded into posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Had the same prob during the summer they blocked all the e-mail providers and i needed to get at my gmail. Installed Firefox to my pen drive and away i went.

Nukem

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

what difference did the portable version make surely you would have had to go through the same proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Some companies may be using ****e software that only blocks IE's requests

• Advertisement

Asok wrote:
    Some companies may be using ****e software that only blocks IE's requests
    nah, installed firefox and I'm getting the same thing. Gmail was blocked too but I just downloaded the setup file for outlook at home and ran it in work and hey presto...my home email back in work.

Just remembered another one. In case they block *.boards.ie then you can use http://bie.cloud.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

proxify.net

Just remembered another one. In case they block *.boards.ie then you can use http://bie.cloud.ie/
    This is the only one that works. Unfortunately the pics aren't showing so I have to make do with all those nice little red x's.

I'll have a look at proxify.net - on this, will it show up to my IT dept that I'm using it??

PS: Thanks a mil, at last, back to abusing boards in work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sprinkles wrote:
    will it show up to my IT dept that I'm using it
    They'll see traffic going to proxify, but won't see where its going after that. Personally, if I saw it show up where I worked that would get blocked too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Use the ip address instead, this works a treat for me.

magpie wrote:
    Use the ip address instead, this works a treat for me.
    Whats the ip address?? Will all the links work?

Not sure what the IP is, I type www.boards.ie into the address bar, then the netnanny software comes up saying "access to xx.xx.xx.xx is blocked, category: entertainment", I then copy and paste the IP into the address bar and happy surfing. The links work fine for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

There you go.

Most IT Staff are too stupid/lazy to block by IP as well as address.

And IT, if you're reading this - go **** yourselves you bunch of fat sarcastic lazy useless startrek-obsessed monkeys. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

magpie wrote:
    There you go.

Most IT Staff are too stupid/lazy to block by IP as well as address.

And IT, if you're reading this - go **** yourselves you bunch of fat sarcastic lazy useless startrek-obsessed monkeys. :D
    POST OF THE MONTH!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Don't get on the bad side of the IT people........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

modify your host files
    add the line

82.195.136.250<tab>www.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I wouldn't, if I were you. But if you must, just remember that you put it in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

irish1 wrote:

they blocked boards in work a few weeks ago and i've been bored out of my skull.
    i could kiss both of you. i won't though because that would be gay.

Use the ip address instead
    class
    i could kiss both of you

Good to see credit where credit is due

just found out in another thread in here that anyting.boards.ie works, ie: http://bananahamock.boards.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I think it's that somethingstupid.boards.ie will redirect to statler.boards.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement