Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL UK and Virgin Mobile merge - Quadruple play is here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

damien.m wrote:
    BK probably just creamed himself after reading this.

LOL :)

Unfortunately NTL:UK and Ireland are different companies now :(

However it makes a lot of sense, I've always said that voice, video and data would merge into services just delivered over IP. The idea of separate TV, Telcos and ISP's companies will be replaced by merged "communication" companies (comco's maybe?) delivering all services.

Also taking the Virgin name for the combined Telewest, NTL, Virgin company is a great idea as it is a very strong brand with a very young and energetic image.

Branson is an amazing business man, he keeps ending up with his fingers in the most exciting emerging new business markets, I mean Virgin Galactic anyone. A true visionary.

With this new Virgin company likely having the fire power to buy the rights to the premiership next year, I wonder what sort of impact it will have on UPC here in Ireland next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

This was kind of unexpected. I wonder how well it'll pay off. Landline/mobile companies are yet to do anything innovative, I wonder if this will change anything?

EDIT: Didn't NTL try a mobile venture with Orange a few years ago?

Advertisement