Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moto E770v USB cable .....

• 04-12-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Well I picked up my new Moto phone Saturday and popped into PC World this afternoon to get a suitable USB cable to connect it to my PC ..... problem! .... I'm sure I read here that it had to be a cable with a 'Mini a' plug to connect to the phone but PC W only had a cable with a 'Mini b' type plug :confused: ..... the guy thought it would be ok but I thought I had better check first before buying .....

Anyone know if the 'Mini b' plug is ok? .... it is certainly the same size as the socket in the phone

Another question ... the PC World guy said I should really be using a Bluetooth USB adaptor on my PC for connecting my phone .... he suggested a Belkim unit at approx euro's 30.00 ..... any views? ..... is it any big deal to set up the Bluetooth connection ?

Cable or Bluetooth ? :confused:

Many thanks in advance ......

STD1_F8T003.jpg

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Yeah - looks like a mini-b is the job judging by this pic here
    http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Computer_Science/2005/usb.asp

(this looks like it as well buts its mini-b !

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7562765560&category=8301 )
    Its the same as you use for a PSP or a Blackberry.

Its up to yourself which you use I suppose. The cable will also charge the phone whilst plugged in. I use both bluetooth and the cable and if you push a java app across with Bluetooth you can install it then and there but if you use the cable you can copy across multiple files at once...

Setting up the bluetooth is staghtforward enough.

Just remember if you are using the cable you have to set the USB connection to "memory card". And you can just browse the Transfalsh card - no SIM access or whatever.To use the "data connection" and get SIM access you need the Motorola phone tools afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Just remember if you are using the cable you have to set the USB connection to "memory card". And you can just browse the Transfalsh card - no SIM access or whatever.To use the "data connection" and get SIM access you need the Motorola phone tools afaik

parsi, as they say in Aussie ..... 'Bugger!!!!'

The PC World guy tried the Mini b cable on the phone to a 'Display pc' but he said it was looking for software :( ..... just had a look at the phone connection setting and it was set to 'data' .... if I had changed it to 'memory card' I suspect it would have worked :cool:

A question? ..... 'To use the "data connection" and get SIM access you need the Motorola phone tools afaik' ... does that apply to use of a Bluetooth connection as well?

cheers .......

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

This is based on my setup but:

- with Bluetooth I can send files from the phone (pics etc) to the laptop and can send files to the phone from the laptop. Its all done by "push". I cannot browse the phone as such - its not possible through "Bluetooth Places". From what I can gather to actually browse you'd need a phone tool of some sort eg Floats Mobile Agent does it for Sony phones but I can't find a suitable free one for the Motorola.

Yes what happened to you regarding "looking for software" happened to me as well before I changed the connectivity setting (after much cursing and muttering).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭maxymax86

bad choice of the phone mate....

QUOTE [maxymax86]:
    DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!! I got it and it broke in just 4 DAYS!!! sent it out for repairs.... and even though it was supposed to be under warranty they told me that i was trying to flash it with new software and thats why the warranty is void... but the thing is that i NEVER tried to do what they suggest i did... So basically i had to pay 60uero for repair...

My mate got the phone too... it lasted a bit longer... broke in a week... he sent it out for repairs.... they told hime the same thing... he had to pay 60 quid tooo!!!!

The funny thing is that before mine and my mates phone broke some weird screen was popping up... saying: "Boot loader blah-blah-blah,,,, RS-232 interface, press OK to program....blah-blah-blah"... anyone knows the reason? Apparently its the problem with all e770v phones... and they arent gonna repair the damaged software for free!

Advertisement