Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost details,anyone ever ring UK support?

• 04-12-2005 6:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yeah im amuppet i know but i lost my WOW account details and failed to retrieve them :(
    Its months since i played and have a new pc.
    I tried all the usual ways of retrieving detaisl but no luck.
    Ive emailed blizzard but reckon they wont get mail till office hours.
    Its probably best to ring tomorrow.
    On support webbie it gives a UK number,am i correct in thinking if i put 0044 before it is the way to go?
    Anyone knowthe correct number and prefix please and if so how efficient are these guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

when i had gotten very very bored of wow I tried trading my mage to a warrior on another server hoping it would give me something new to do. The guy tried to shaft me however as he was trying to get my CD key and stuff and I knew he was going to take back his own account and prolly sell mine as well. So I kinda coped on to this and basically rang UK support.

I didn't ahve my CD key however as I had lost my box :( so i had to fax them photo id etc and was able to get them to give my account back to me that way... lessons learned?

1) Never ever throw away your MMORPG CD KEY. Because that CD key is ALWAYS linked to your account, as long as you are in posession no one can steal the account from you.

2) Don't trade/buy accounts because a large % of the people out there involved in this are scammers who will just keep your account to sell to others and who will reclaim an account they have already sold to you so that they can sell it to others.

3) Blizz CS is actually quite good at their job :P

There is a good reason why MOST MMO companies don't allow selling/trading of accounts and this is because there is a lot of scamming involved and it costs a lot of man power/time to try and sort it out and just causes more headache for the customer and the company involved in the end.

I do think it's possible to do it correctly the way Mythic have set it up, and that's the only time where it IS safe to buy/sell/trade accounts, when the company that runs the game officially is the broker as it prevents ppl from scamming you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What UK numder did you ring?
    Im getting an engaged tone,if was correct number i expected a message saying about open hours etc.
    I rang 0800 279 3909 got engaged tone then added 0044 before it and still engaged tone.

i don't remember tbh :) it was a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

this is really totally and completely off topic, but memnoch your not the guy i teamed up with on a pug run through ZG about 2 weeks ago on draenor with khala and genyarikado were you ?

If not forget my inane ramblings and resume normal thread topic

Cheers

shinzon

or wow name

Wantsome

haven't played WoW in months :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldilocks1

You coming back Cully?.

Goldilocks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah im back Brian :)
    Got sorted yesterday.
    We are forming a guild over @ www.gunsforfun.com.
    Gonna go Horde this time as all the lads played Alliance previously,should be fun :)
    Man i never realised how much i missed WOW until i played Guild Wars.
    Special edition GW for sale if anyone wants it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldilocks1

Hope you coming to bladefist!.
    Brian.

Advertisement