Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia wireless usb adapter problem

• 04-12-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm trying to get a Win ME machine hooked up to a wireless LAN, but I can't get the Netopia wireless usb adapter I got from Eircom to work. The SW bundled with it seems to be for 2000 and XP only. I've tried a few generic USB adapters off the web but to no avail. Plus I've manged to completely toast my graphics card drivers TWICE while removing and reinstalling the bundled SW. Anyone come across the issue before? The usb adapter is the Netopia SWL-2300U.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

It does work with Win ME. I've installed loads of them in ME machines and even Win 98SE machines.
    In what way do you mean "it will not work"?
    Does it install correctly but won't connect to the router?
    or
    does it not install correctly or is not recognised by the PC?
    Are you using the Netopia 3347NWG wireless router supplied by Eircom aswell or another one?
    To install it correctly you must run the CD and wait until the software tells you to plug in the adapter. DO NOT plug in the adapter first.
    If it installs correctly but won't connect to the router it probably means that the wireless security encryption is switched on on the router. You'll have to connect to the router with an ethernet cable, access the routers configuration page and switch it off to do the initial setup of the wireless adapter.
    Don't forget to switch it on again later when all is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eogle

Doesn't install correctly. It's recognised by the PC as a USB device when I plug it in, but the PC can't find any driver for it.
    I plugged it in AFTER running the CD like it said in the instructions.

Using the Eircom router as well.

just resolved it

thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

eogle wrote:
    just resolved it

thx
    What was the problem in the end?

• Advertisement
Advertisement