Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiwis

• 04-12-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Do people eat the skin of kiwis or is it just me? Not sure if this is the right forum but couldn't find a suitable one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Will move this to the main Food/Drink forum, ya might get a better response there.

Memphis

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I wouldnt... Id imagine it doesnt taste great... Hairy :confused: ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, I do. Nothing wrong with it imo. Not sure if kiwis are the same as potatoes but I've heard that potatoes contain a great deal of nutrients in the skin which get lost when you peel them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ya have to put them on a skewer and put them over the gas ring to singe all the hairs off, kind of like burning the hair off a pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

xzanti wrote:
    I wouldnt... Id imagine it doesnt taste great... Hairy :confused: ???

Yeah, kinda horrible image. Eating a mini rug. :)

Speaking of which, haven't eaten a kiwiw in an entire year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I always thought it would be horrible but they actually taste quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I've recently started eating the skins. It doesn't taste that different to me, but I've been told my sense of taste is a little off..

It's much more convenient, too, for a lazy git like me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mank no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Nope i do not eat the skin. I cut it in half and then scoop out all the middle with a spoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

Enii wrote:
    Nope i do not eat the skin. I cut it in half and then scoop out all the middle with a spoon.

Me too

• Advertisement
Advertisement